Sunday, May 26, 2019

20 Months Old

Sweet Katherine, you are 20 months old! The big highlight this month was your first visit to Disney World. And you added so much joy and magic to our vacation. You exude joy in everything you do, and it was extra special to experience your joy at Disney World.


At 20 months old a few of your favorite things are shoes, pacifiers, books, throwing things in the trash, swinging, playing outside, ice cream, princesses, dancing, and horsey rides from daddy.

You have turned into a princess lover since we got back from Disney World. Anytime you see any princess, you point to it and say, "Ella" I think maybe you're trying to say Cinderella, and that's what you call all princesses. you find princesses all the time now- on friends' cups, clothes, the tv, pictures. It's so cute. I hope you continue to love them. You also love to wear princess dresses and can't be left out when Elisabeth and her ffriends are wearing them.

Another thing you've recently become obsessed with is Elisabeth's tap dance. You ask to watch it on my phone multiple times a day, and you always want to wear her tap shoes while you dance. It's adorable watching you try to imitate all the moves. I laugh every time. I think you'll be ready for dance lessons in a couple of years.



Anytime we ask you to smile you close your eyes, scrunch up your nose, and say "cheese." It's so cute, but sometimes I'd like a picture of you with your eyes open.

You're talking all the time. Some new words we're hearing a lot are "mine" "ice cream" "okay" "bubble" "trash" "tap shoes" "bow"and "paci- da-see." You also mumble with the right annunciation when you're saying "I don't Know" or "Here you go." I'm starting to hear you say two word phrases like "Hi Momma" or "Bye Dadda"

You go down for naps and bed so easily. You like to have your pacifiers, a cup of water, and a blanket, and you immediately snuggle up and tell me night night. You take a good afternoon nap everyday and sleep from about 7:30 each night until about 7:00 the next morning.

You are a wiggle worm, an d I'm constantly chasing you. You run off when you know I'm trying to catch you or when you're wanting to get away with something. You're an ornery little girl and can be sneaky at times.

You love your siblings so much. You always give them hugs goodbye when we drop them off at church, and are always asking to pick them up. If you can't find them, you ask where they are. You get so excited whenever we pick them up from school or church. You also mimic everything they do and refused to be left out. I think you're going to have a great summer having them home with you all day.

You hate being confined and refuse to ride in a shopping cart unless I bribe or force you to sit. When we go on walks in the evening, we're usually pushing an empty stroller because you want to run with your siblings instead of riding in the stroller.

You're a picky eater and a great snacker, ha! You love milk and ask for it often. Some of your favorite foods are mac and cheese, yogurt, cheese, eggs, veggie straws, goldfish, popcorn, cookies, grapes, and apples.

You are growing up so fast and want to be independent in everything you do. It makes me happy and sad at the same time. I'm proud of your maturity and growth, and I'm planning to soak up all the babyness left in you this summer.







No comments: