Friday, June 7, 2019

May Fun

Disney World was the biggest highlight in May. But there were some other fun things that happened during the rest of th emonth

Elisabeth lost her first tooth... in Walmart. It had been loose for awhile, but she really yanked it out while we were walking to check out. She's so proud to have a missing tooth. She always tells me that she looks like she's seven now.



We celebrated Kaydence and Keaton's fifth birthday party on the same day as Elisabeth's dance recital. They are such food friends with Samuel and Elisabeth. It's so fun to party with them!




Katherine is a big fan of any birthday party where she gets to eat cake, ha!

Matt and I celebrated 13 years of marriage in our tornado shelter, ha! It was a stormy night spent with some anxious kids, but it was memorable, ha! Thankfully, we celebrated a few days earlier with a fun date night.

The kids enjoyed their first week of summer break. They said they didn't want to make any plans, and just wanted to play at home. They ended up arguing a lot that week, and I might have regretted not making any plans to get them out of the house.

But they had fun playing with play doh one morning. They did a kids baking play doh championship, and made some great desserts :)


They've also taken up an interest in learning to cook (real food, not play doh), so I let them make pancakes one morning with some close supervision.

Nathan invited a friend from his class over to play one afternoon. Whenever friends come over now, Mario Kart battles usually happen.

We've also had other friends over to play. Unfortunately it's been so rainy lately, that the kids have been stuck indoors- adding to the arguing, so we were all glad to play with friends, even if everyone had to stay inside for the day.




We spent Memorial Day weekend in Kansas City with Matt's family. We rented a fun house for the weekend. The kids were big fans of it especially the game room.



Since we were in Kansas city, of course we had to go to Lego Land. We had a fun morning playing and building.






















We went across the street to the Crown Center for lunch and ate at Fritz' Railroad restaurant. It's a hit with the kids because a train delivers your food. 

Katherine slept through all the fun.




Saturday afternoon we went to the Kaleidoscope kids center where the kids got to make lots of art projects. It closed shorty after we got there, which might have been a good thing. I don't think we could have ever gotten our kids to leave. They were having so much fun.


Since it was vacation, of course we made an ice cream stop.
 On Sunday we went to a Kansas City Royals/Yankees baseball game. The kids had fun eating snacks and riding the carousel at the game. At the end of the game, they also all got to run the bases on the field.

We drove home early Monday morning, and had to drive through a couple of storms, but we also caught a picture of a great rainbow.



 After we got home, we took the kids to the pool for the first time. I thought it was cold, but they didn't care.

 We had pizza and a movie night to end our fun Memorial Day weekend.

At the end of the month we also celebrated Matt's 36th birthday. I made his favorite meal for dinner and we had cheesecake to celebrate.


The kids and I got him Super Smash Brothers for the Switch, so we spent the rest of the night playing it.
Elisabeth got a summer haircut, and the boys enjoyed tagging along and playing video games during her hair cut.



We all signed up for the summer reading program at our library and came back for a fun magic show that afternoon too.

The kids had their AWANA awards ceremony at the end of May. They all finished their books, and Nathan got a plaque for finishing all three Sparks books. I can't believe he's graduated Sparks, and that Elisabeth will be starting sparks next year. They had a great year of AWANA and memorized lots of verses.




Nathan had a fun sleepover with Wyatt. They even built this fort out of building straws. I was impressed with their engineering skills.



The fun ended shortly though when Nathan tripped and cut his ear on the corner of our entertainment center. I loaded up all five kids and drove him to Urgent Care to get it checked out. That was a stressful afternoon, and my poor boy had to have five stitches. Matt came to the rescue to watch the other four kids when the doctor confirmed he needed stitches. I've been a mom for eight years and had had a good run of no stitches until that day.


Nathan did great during the whole procedure. I was so proud of his bravery. We got ice cream after dinner that night. And life with four kids (and an extra friend) went on and right after he finished at the doctor's office he tagged along to Elisabeth's gymnastics class. He's a trooper.

I signed Elisabeth up for a summer gymnastics class, and she loved her first class. We're going to take a break from gymnastics in the Fall, so I was glad to find something for her to do over the summer. She's a monkey- climbing and tumbling everywhere at home. I'm glad she'll be able to burn off some energy this summer.


The yard finally dried off enough for the kids to spend an afternoon outside- getting it wet again, ha! They had fun with the water guns putting on a "fireworks" show.


We're looking forward to more summer fun in June!

No comments: