We went to ride the Winnie the Pooh ride first thing Thursday morning. We had planned to ride it Wednesday night during extra magic hours, but it was closed. Thankfully the wait was still pretty short Thursday morning, and it has a fun queue. I don't think the kids even realized they were waiting in line. They just thought they were playing on a fun playground.
I had to take a picture with my matching girl on Thursday.
We had Samuel recreate one of our favorite photos from our trip in 2016.
We had fastpasses for Seven Dwarves Mine Train, so we rode that next. It's a fun little roller coaster. I love the dwarves in the mine with all the gems and the swinging mine cars.
We did rider swap, and while Matt and Katherine were waiting while the rest of us rode, they rode the carousel again.
We also got a chance to ride the tea cups another time. I rode with the spinning crazy big kids this time.
Matt was in need of ice cream so we stopped for a snack.
Do you see the little grabby hand reaching for Matt's ice cream :)
After our snack we watched the Mickey Philharmagic 3D show. I loved that show more than I thought I would. I guess we didn't take the time to watch it during out last trip, but I'm so glad we watched it this time. The kids loved the 3D effects. I kept watching them reaching out trying to catch everything, and it was just classic Disney songs and movie clips. Man, I really liked it!
Then we rode Peter Pan's Flight which is just a classic Disney ride that everyone has to ride- and everyone does, ha! Glad we had a fast pass for it.
We had lunch reservations at the Crystal Palace. The kids liked the buffet- especially the ice cream and desserts.
We had fun meeting all the Winnie the Pooh characters. The Crystal Palace is the only restaurant I've eaten at all three visits to Disney World. Lots of sweet memories at that restaurant.
We still had a fastpass for Space Mountain after lunch and we split up to use it. Elisabeth really wanted to ride it again, so I took her to ride Space Mountain, and everyone else wanted to ride Pirates of the Caribbean instead. It was fun to have a little one on one time with my girl at Space Mountain.
When we finished on Space Mountain, we walked back to Main Street and caught the end of a little show at the castle with lost of princesses. Elisabeth insisted that we stop and watch it, so we did.
The rest of our group had fun on Pirates
And Katherine snoozed through it all
Elisabeth and I found a spot to watch the Festival of Fantasy Parade while we waited for the rest of the group.
We took a few pictures in front of the castle before the parade started.
I was very excited about the parade. We hadn't gotten a chance to watch it on our previous two trips. I think the timing of it makes it hard because it's right in the middle of the day when we're usually needing to nap or heading to another park. We had three afternoons at Magic Kingdom, and I was really hoping it would work out to watch it. On Sunday it rained, and on Monday our lunch went too late to catch it, but on Thursday it worked out, and I was a happy girl. It was so hot waiting and we waited a long time too, but it was worth it. The floats were amazing, the characters were wonderful and the music was magical. I didn't realize that Matt kept taking pictures of my reactions to the parade. He enjoyed watching me enjoy the parade, I guess.
When Ariel's float came by, all my kids yelled "What's a dinglehopper?" I know there's probably no way she could have heard them, but exactly at that moment, she pulled out a fork and started combing her hair. The kids were thrilled. They were sure she heard them. It was a magical moment for them :).
After the parade, we did a little shopping on Main Street and then we had to say the saddest goodbye to Magic Kingdom. I think I almost cried seeing the castle for the last time of our trip. I love all of Disney World, but Magic Kingdom will always be my favorite. It's just full of whimsical fun, happily ever afters, and childhood nostalgia and magic. I can't wait to see that castle again.























No comments:
Post a Comment