Friday, May 17, 2019

Pre-K Graduation

We celebrated a wonderful year of Pre-K with special graduation ceremony with my big girl.

She was so excited for her special day.
She sang some special songs she had practiced throughout the year










Then her teachers gave her a Bible and all the kids got to move their tassels :). Elisabeth had some really great teachers this year. I'm so grateful for the way they love their students. It's special that she attends preschool at our church, because she sees both of her teachers often and always has to stop and say hi to them.

She learned so much this year. She knows all her letters and sounds (upper and lower case), can almost count to one hundred (she needs a little help sometimes), and can write her name so legibly now- even though she still complains that I gave her too long of a name. Her handwriting has improved too. She's a bright kid, and I'm always so proud of her.


Elisabeth also made some wonderful friendships. She was in class with her best friend and formed so many other great friendships throughout the year- and maybe even a little crush on a boy in her class. She always talked about her friends, and was so sad anytime she had to miss school. She cried on one of her snow days when I told her school was canceled.



I also treasured the two days a week I had at home with her. She was a great errand buddy, and we always tried to have some special girl time while Katherine napped each day. She matured so much over the year, and I'm going to miss her big time when she's in full time pre-k next year.
Pre-K is always a special year full of forming sweet friendships, fun activities- the Christmas programs, pumpkin patch field trip, zoo field trip, and singing and visiting the grandmas and grandpas at the Baptist village. She was blessed with a wonderful first year of school. I'm hoping she's stays as excited about school as she was this year and is always eager to learn.








No comments: