After Magic Carpets, Matt's dad asked if we could watch the Hall of Presidents show. We stopped and did a little shopping on the way (picked out our Christmas ornament) and then headed to the show. Nathan was excited about it and he loved it. And Katherine and Elisabeth caught a nap during the show which worked out great. It was a much more efficient way for them to nap than going all the way back to our resort :).
After the show, we took a break for ice cream bars. Yum! They are a favorite Disney treat for our family.
Then we rode It's a Small World- that's a Disney World must do! Small World was Elisabeth's favorite ride during our last trip. I always will remember how she said she loved the dancing babies. She was a big fan of it this trip too. She liked the dolls that were tap dancing this time- just like she tap dances.
Katherine liked it too. She was quiet and just looked all around- taking it all in.
I love catching these sweet moments on vacations.
There's no one I'd rather walk 10 miles a day with through Disney World pushing a double stroller and corralling four kids than him :)
We left Magic Kingdom around 5:00 on Monday and hopped on a bus to Hollywood Studios. Since we missed Fantasmic on Saturday night, we wanted to watch that show on Monday. We also still hadn't been able to ride Slinky Dog Dash, and that cloud was hanging over me, ha! So we needed to do that. It was a must do for Samuel- and that kid doesn't have many must do's, so we were doing it, ha!
We went straight to Slinky Dog when we arrived, and it had 60 minute wait posted. I took Katherine while the rest of the group waited in line. We walked around Toy Story Land for a little bit and got a snack while we waited.
After everyone rode, Nathan, Samuel and I used rider swap to ride. I didn't have high expectations for it. I just assumed it was a kiddie roller coaster, but we all ended up really liking it! It was super smooth with some fun bumps and special effects that made it great. I'm glad my kids made us wait in line to ride it. We certainly didn't regret it. And we can't complain too much if a 60 minute wait was the longest line we ever waited in during the whole week.
After Slinky Dog, we walked over to Fantasmic. We never got the chance to eat dinner that night- we were too busy playing (I kept joking that my motto for the week was no eating or sleeping at Disney World- just playing, ha! And it did feel like that sometimes). Our late lunch helped tie us over, but I also managed to find some popcorn for the kids to eat for dinner.
Nathan had been so excited about Fantasmic- all those YouTube videos, ha! Matt and I watched it in 2010, and I remember liking it a lot, but it seemed like a let down after the Happily Ever After Fireworks the night before. Note to self- save that show for last or everything else will be a let down. It had some fun water effects, fireworks, and classic Disney characters, but the story line was strange, and it was super hot inside the amphitheater. But Nathan loved it.
We headed back to the buses to go to our resort after the show, and everyone was feeling like Samuel.







No comments:
Post a Comment