Monday, May 20, 2013

Weekend Recap

We had a really fun and special weekend this last weekend. On Friday night, Matt and Barry went to a men's event at our church. Since our husbands were all at the men's event, Erica and Courtney came over for the evening to hang out with me and the little boys. We cooked and ate dinner and spent the evening visiting. I love girls' nights!

Saturday, my grandparents came into town. I spent the morning baking a carrot cake for lunch on Sunday and doing some chores around the house. My grandparents got to our house about 11:00 and we spent a couple of hours playing the with boys. Grandaddy played outside with Nathan. He drove the train and played with his water table. It was the first time this year I let him play in the water. He had a great time.

During the boys' nap time, we had some time to play cards with Granny and Grandaddy. My parents came over around 4:00 to pick the boys up. That evening, Matt and I went out to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary.

We got dressed up and ate at a Hibachi grill restaurant. We were spoiled with good food and even better conversation. We always have such good talks during our dinner dates- plans for the future, reminiscing about past anniversaries, etc. I certainly don't take alone time with Matt for granted anymore. After dinner we came home and snuggled up to watch a movie and eat ice cream. It was a special night for us.

Sunday morning we met my parents, grandparents, and Barry's brother, sister-in-law and nephew at my parents' church. It was a special Sunday because Barry was baptized. He was saved as a child but was never baptized.
I was so proud of his obedience to the Lord in being baptized, and I loved that Nathan got to see him be baptized. I know he has no idea what it means right now, but it's such a blessing for Nathan and Samuel to have a wonderful role model in Papa Joe as they grow up
Nathan was so excited to see Papa Joe. He had been asking for him constantly before the service started, and as soon as we pointed him out in the baptistry, Nathan pointed and yelled, "Papa Joe, Papa Joe" over and over. Barry said he'll never forget Nathan's reaction. Those two love each other so much!

After church, we all came back to my parents' house for lunch. We had a great time visiting. Granny and Grandaddy left shortly after lunch, but Keith, Molly, and Bryce stuck around for most of the afternoon. We played a game of Settlers, visited, and watched Nathan play outside. It was a great day full of fun memories!
And I really don't think there is anything sweeter than baby boys in matching Polo's. Oh how I love them!

No comments: