We had our big birthday celebration with our birthday boy on Saturday, but we still wanted to make his actual birthday a special day. Since it was Sunday, our day started off with church. My big boy went to the 2 year old class for the first time. My goodness, he is growing up. Matt and I have volunteered in the 2 year old class for several years, so I knew the routine and had been talking to Nathan about what he would do during church and we had practiced many of the songs they sing.
I wish I could have watched him during class to see how he did with everything- the new toys, sharing the Little Tikes car, singing songs, eating snack, paying attention during story time, coloring. He told us he had a good time and that he played trains, of course he did.
When I was talking with Nathan about his birthday party, he mentioned several times that he wanted to eat ice cream at his party. I hadn't planned to have ice cream at his party and didn't really want to deal with the mess of it, so instead we took him to lunch at Braums after church.
After his lunch, he got a big surprise!
He loved his very first banana split. He got full pretty quickly, so Mommy and Daddy got to help too!
After lunch we came home for naps and spent some time that afternoon playing with his new birthday presents. Matt and I had a wedding that evening, so he and Samuel got to play at Grammy and Papa Joe's house for the evening. He drove his red car all over their garage and got to do whatever he wanted that evening since it was his birthday (although I don't think it's very different any other time he's over there).
We love celebrating our precious Nathan!
Saturday, May 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment