Nathan has been planning his fifth birthday party for months. In January he decided he wanted a Star Wars birthday party. I used all my tricks to try and get him to change his mind, but he was set on it. I thought it was a theme that would work better when he was older, but he wouldn't budge. When I actually started looking into planning it, I got a little excited about it. There were a lot of cute ideas that I found. Who would have ever thought I would be so excited about a Star Wars party?! The things that boy does to me!!
He picked out his invitation and asked me to read it to him over and over. He loved the wording!
We spent most of the party outside, so I didn't do too much decorating inside. I used a few Star Wars things he already had and a few balloons and banners, and we were set. Matt and Nathan did transform some of our paper lanterns into Death Stars too to hang around the house. Five year olds were thrilled with it, and that's what mattered.
We had his party in the afternoon, so I just did a couple of snacks for the guests. We had light saber cookies, grape light sabers and some popcorn.
For his gift, my parents rented a bounce house for the party. It was such a fun activity to have at the party.
My Star Wars babies. The costumes didn't last long because it was hot!
Nathan, Matt and I made light sabers out of pool noodles for the kids to play with in the bounce house (and take home as a favor). They were a hit!
Love, love, love my Birthday Boy!
This was really our family's first "friend' birthday party. Usually, we just have family and family friends at our birthdays, but this year, Nathan got to invite several kids from his school/Sunday school, and it was so fun!
Nathan came up to me during the party and said, "When I was fighting I decided to close my eyes, because they do that on the movies so they can feel the force, and it worked! I was fighting really good!" Ha!
Nathan's formed some really sweet friendships this year. I love all the kids at his school and they have really great moms too. It's been fun making new friends and seeing him thrive socially.
Everyone played outside in the bounce house or on the play set, while the adults watched.
A frog was chilling under our play set during the party, so that was extra entertainment!
We played one game where the kids had to unfreeze Hans Solo using water guns. I couldn't believe that I had a Hans Solo in a block of ice in my freezer leading up to the party. I giggled every time I opened the freezer.
I think the kids had a good time with the game. Brady won by using his water gun as an ice pick!
All these sweet kiddos made Nathan's birthday such a special day. It felt almost like an end of the school year party too.
We brought all the sweaty kids inside to cool off and eat cake and ice cream.
Nathan designed his cake and chose the colors and the figures he wanted on it.
The kids were so excited about playing and opening presents that I don't think anyone had more than a bite or two of cake. Really, though that's the way I would want it. I twas thrilled they were all having so much fun.
After cake, we shifted attention to present chaos. Five year olds and new toys make for a wild time. Kids were handing Nathan presents so fast, begging him to open theirs next and even opening them for him. It was wild, and crazy and exactly what a five year old birthday should be!
I caught Nathan looking through all the bags later after he had opened presents because he couldn't remember what he had opened. It was all a blur.
It was a great, great day! We sure love birthday parties around here!
Monday, May 9, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment