Monday, May 9, 2016

21 Months Old

Elisabeth Kae, you are 21 months old and inching closer to two every day! This might be my very favorite stage. I love that there is still some baby in you. You like to rock and be held, but you are also full blown toddler doing so many adorable things and saying so many funny things. I'll never get enough of your sweet little voice.
Right now, you say, "That's so heavy/hot/tight/sticky whatever. I laugh every time I hear it because it's so dramatic, and I still hear, "No, my do it myself" usually quickly followed by "mommy, help!" You also change you mind so much, and it can be difficult to follow your thoughts. You say, "No, watch Super Why" when you want to watch it instead of another show, and you also say "No watch Super Why" when you don't want to watch it.
You are such a little mommy, and I can't get enough of it (although your brothers probably can). You always look out for them. You bring them drinks, tell them to "come on" when it's time to go. You're always watching out for them. You always ask for a hug when we drop Nathan off at school, and as soon as you wake up in the morning, you want to know where they are. When Daddy is not home, you always say, "Daddy at work" You remind me every morning where he is.
You have all four of your two year molars now. The last two broke through this month. You've been in a better mood too, since they broke through. You're napping and sleeping great.
To you, any type of clothes are a "dress." You call your Paw Patrol jammies your "Paw Patrol Dress." I'll tell you we need to get dressed, and you'll point to your jammies and say, "My dress." You're wearing 2T clothes and a size 6 shoe.
We put all your bottles away a few weeks ago. Since you can't see them in the cabinet, you hardly ask for one. You do prefer your milk in your "bug bottle," and you love to drink out of little water bottles (and make a big mess too). You're still not a great breakfast eater (other than drinking your milk), but are eating good at lunch and dinner. You don't refuse anything on your plate. Instead you just throw it on the floor.
You love to be outside playing with chalk, bubbles, and swinging. You also like to take your baby for walks in the stroller. Swinging is still your favorite outdoor activity. You never get tired of it. You are a climber and are doing things on the playground I never dreamed you were big enough to do. You're fearless and have to always keep up with your brothers.
When you're inside, you take care of your babies, play with blocks, have tea parties, and "cook" for your brothers. You also like balls and to play with your cash register. You always ask to brush your teeth and "drink water." Really, I think you just like drinking water in the bathroom.
You go to bed really easily at night as long as we've done everything: read books, brush teeth, turn on your music, and you have everything you need in bed.


We love you sweet girl. It's fun that you're older and we can do more fun things as a whole family!


No comments: