Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Celebrating a Decade- Jamaica

Our last stop on our cruise was Falmouth, Jamaica. We had been to Ochos Rios, Jamaica on our honeymoon, and although this port was much nicer, we ended up spending most of the day in Ochos Rios which was about an hour away, so it would have been nicer to have just docked there to begin with. Oh well. Jamaica was my favorite stop. It was the best day of the cruise, and probably the best day of my whole year! Such a fun trip!

Because of the travel time and all the things planned in our excursion we were away for almost the entire time we were at port. We left at 8:30 and got back to port around 4:00. It was a busy, fun day!
The bus ride was scenic with several great views along the way.
Our first stop of the day was ziplining through the rain forest. Brooke and I had never ziplined before, so we were a little nervous leading up to it.

These guys were ready though. No nerves there!
Heading through the forest

I wasn't too nervous until I was next in line and then it sunk in a little bit. Thankfully, I didn't have long to think about it before I was flying through the trees!

It ended up being so fun! I'd love to do it again. The guys were complaining that it was too tame, but I was happy with it!




We had a pretty large group, so there was a lot of waiting for our turn during the first two lines, but at the third they just started throwing us across, and we did four lines super fast. It was a whirlwind, but really fun!


Matt and Corey decided to make their own fun and flipped upside down whenever they could.
The last zipline was the longest and fastest, but Brooke and I were super comfortable by then, so it was the best way to end it! It was such a great way to spend the morning. The forest was beautiful and we all enjoyed a fun, new adventure.
We ate lunch at the park and then drove to Dunn's River Falls. Matt and I climbed the waterfall on our honeymoon and loved it. It was one of the highlights of our honeymoon, so we were excited to get to visit again for our ten year anniversary.

On our Honeymoon:

Ten years later:

The climb was fun and exhilarating and adventurous, and the waterfall and the plant life around it is so, so pretty. It was the best way to spend our afternoon in Jamaica!


Flashback to our honeymoon again:
And fast forward ten years. It was fun to reminisce and make new memories too.

They stopped and had everyone slide down a rock into the water.

The guides were great at keeping everyone safe and away from the really slippery rocks and still letting us have fun, sliding, playing in the pools and enjoying our time.

One more pic from our honeymoon:

And one more ten years later!

So, of course we have to go back to Jamaica for our 20th anniversary, right? I think so :). It's crazy to think about how old our kids will be then!
We really can't wait to go back. Thursday in Jamaica was my favorite day of the cruise and probably of the whole entire year. It was perfect and in the words of my five year old, the "Best Day Ever!"

No comments: