Sunday, July 6, 2014

Our House- Upstairs

We have been in our new house for over five months now, and everyday it feels more and more like home to us. I thought I'd give a little tour of our upstairs. I've been waiting because we still have a few projects we're planning, but since our move, I've realized that there will ALWAYS be projects on our list, and I don't think we will ever feel like everything is completely finished. Matt and I are learning to be okay with that.

I love our upstairs. It is exactly what I was hoping to find when we were looking for a house. It's all about the kids and provides a great space for them that will grow along with them. So many houses that we looked at only had one big room upstairs (and sometimes a bathroom). I thought especially with young kids, that we probably just wouldn't use that space because it would be easier to just play downstairs, but since the kids' rooms are all upstairs, we are up there all the time playing, and there's plenty of room for firetrucks and train tracks. I also think the space is useful. It's open without any wasted space like hallways or such. It's perfect for our three kids.




As soon as you come upstairs there is a big open room which we use for a play room right now, and off of it are three bedrooms and a bathroom.
It's nice having a place for bigger toys that there wasn't room for in our old house like the train table and the kitchen. Both get played with daily.

This summer, I've worked on a few projects in the playroom, and these frames are one of my favorite projects I've done.
We are waiting for our sweet Elisabeth to get here, so we can put a picture of her in the empty frame. Nathan keeps trying to convince me to frame her ultrasound picture :)

Nathan's new room complete with his big boy bed that he'll sleep in again eventually.
Matt is still wanting to paint something on his walls, a train maybe, but it's low on the project priority list right now.

Samuel's room:
Before we sold our house, I warned Matt that I refused to move unless he promised to repaint the tree that he had painted in Samuel's nursery. He did such a great job on it.


The kids' bathroom:
It's nice that this is totally their space (we have a guest bathroom downstairs), so they don't have to share with anyone.
Elisabeth's nursery is upstairs too, but I'll share those pictures in another post when we finish her room.

No comments: