Monday, July 14, 2014

Big Brothers

I've been wanting to find a special gift for Elisabeth that the boys can give her in the hospital when they meet her for the first time. Nathan still remembers the giraffe he gave Samuel in the hospital. I've never taken the boys to Build A Bear, and I thought it would be fun for them to build a bear for their baby sister, so we all headed to the mall on Saturday for some fun Big Brother time.

I had some influence in what they chose for Elisabeth. If Nathan would have had complete control, she would have gotten a pink and purple tie dye octopus wearing a Spiderman costume. Thankfully, he was happy to pick a sweet white bear for his sister.
He had fun pushing the pedal to stuff the bear.

Both boys got to put a heart inside before it was sewn up.
Nathan wanted to name Elisabeth's bear Puppy Puppy and picked out a darling ballerina dress for her. He says her favorite colors are pink and purple and he was determined (after I gently steered him away from the Spiderman costume) to find a pink and purple dress for her to wear.
Nathan is the best big brother to Samuel and he is already head over heels in love with his baby sister, and I know our sweet Samuel will be a great big brother too. Elisabeth is a blessed little girl to have such wonderful built in friends and protectors in her big brothers.
No trip to the mall is complete without a trip to the play area!
 
It was a great day for these Big Brothers!

No comments: