Sunday, July 6, 2014

Fourth of July

We had a fun long weekend celebrating the Fourth of July! My parents offered to watch the boys on Thursday night so Matt and I got a date night and a chance to sleep late on Friday morning. We ate at one of our favorite restaurants, ran a couple of errands, played a board game, and watched Netflix (with ice cream of course). It was a great date night.

We also had a chance to get some things done around the house on Friday morning without interruption from the boys. It was a mix of productivity and relaxation. We headed over to my parents' house around noon on Friday to eat and spend the holiday with them.

We walked into this in the dining room. I think Nathan had fun Thursday night!
We ate lunch and visited. The boys had hot dogs, and the adults had steaks, a delicious lunch as usual.
The boys went down for naps shortly after lunch, and we played Ticket to Ride with my parents during their nap. After Nathan woke up, we played Candy Land. We are training him early to like board games :).

We relaxed, visited, and played with the boys the rest of the afternoon, and ate dessert. I even caught up on a couple of TV shows my mom saved for me since we cancelled our Satellite TV.

We attempted a family photo before Matt and I left for the evening.

Matt and I headed to the Nadig's for the evening. I asked Nathan if he wanted to come with us, or stay at Grammy's house, and he was quick to respond saying he wanted to stay with Grammy and Papa Joe, so they got to spend two nights at Grammy's house, and Nathan even managed to stay awake and watch some fireworks.

We love the tradition of spending the Fourth at the Nadig's. They live on a big hill and have an awesome view of the fireworks all across the Broken Arrow area. We grilled out, ate, visited, and watched the fireworks until after 11:00. It is always such a fun night, and we look forward to our kids getting older and them all running around shooting off fireworks in the backyard.

I took this picture of the view before it got dark of some of the guys sitting outside saving seats for their wives, while the ladies were all inside visiting.
We made the guys move seats when we got outside so the girls could all sit together and visit. It was such a fun night of fellowship with some of our dearest friends.

No comments: