Last Thursday, my mom, Courtney, and Erica hosted a fun little Sprinkle to celebrate our Elisabeth Kae. My mom had such a fun time planning and decorating for a girly shower. Everything was darling and so fun.
I don't think Elisabeth will ever be short of tutus :).
Since this is our third baby, I didn't want or expect anything huge, and really just wanted a special intimate evening with some close friends and family celebrating our precious girl. My mom had the idea of having a dinner, and I thought it was a great idea. Barry smoked his famous chicken, and my mom, Courtney and Erica prepared some delicious side dishes. It was a great meal and time of fellowship with precious friends and family.
These ladies certainly know how to throw a party
I'm so thankful for my friendship with these dear ladies and am looking forward to watching the friendship among our daughters. I love that Elisabeth already has two built in best friends in Sarah and Krista.
Erica gave the sweetest devotion after supper and we had a prayer time for Elisabeth.
After the devotion we grabbed some fruit and cake and opened gifts.
It was a little surreal and so fun seeing all the pink gift bags and
wrapping paper! There was always a part of me after having two boys that
wondered if we'd get to have pink in our home. I'm so glad we get to!
Everyone was generous to spoil our family with the best gifts for our girl. She got so many darling dresses, outfits, hair bows, bibs, toys, and blankets.
And we got all the essentials we always need with a new baby. Matt was most excited about the diapers I brought home :).
On Friday, I removed all the tags and washed and folded all her sweet clothes and accessories. I don't think I've ever been more excited about doing a load of laundry!
We are so excited and humbled to be given this child to love and raise, and it was so fun to celebrate her and look forward to her arrival!
Monday, July 14, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment