Monday, September 26, 2011

Orange Power

We had another really great weekend. Granny and Grandaddy came to visit us on Friday afternoon. Friday was Granny's birthday so we all celebrated together at my parent's house on Friday night. We ate dinner and visited and of course Nathan was the center of attention.
I really can't get over how much these two love each other

I made Granny a cherry dump cake for her birthday

Saturday morning was pretty laid back. We spent the morning visiting and playing cards. Everyone was anxiously awaiting kickoff for our big game. We played Texas A&M. We were ranked 7 and they were 8 so it was a huge game. It was also our first big test of the season, and I think everyone in our house was nervous. I was really concerned we were going to lose especially after the first half of the game.
I love my little orange family

Nathan and Granny enjoyed the game.

Daddy and Nathan were dressed alike with OSU shirts and jean shorts.

My cowboys pulled through and had an amazing comeback in the third quarter. It was such an exciting game. Our defense played incredible in the second half and were able to squeak out a victory. Nathan is trying to figure this whole football thing out. So far I think all he knows is everyone wears orange and his mom and dad scream and jump up and down a lot. We'll teach him soon. Matt was reading the game recap in the newspaper to him on Sunday.
Granny and Grandaddy headed back to Weatherford after the game was over. I'm glad they didn't give up on our pokes and leave at halftime. It was looking pretty bleak then.

Nathan had to wear his orange polo on Sunday to church to celebrate our win. He is such a handsome boy. Sunday afternoon everyone but Daddy took a good nap, then we went on a jog and went out to dinner. It was a great end to a great weekend.

No comments: