I really want to try and not forget the stage of life we are in right now. Time is moving so fast and things change quickly, and I want to make sure and record some of life's little moments and what life looks like right now in our house. So this week I'm going to try and do a "day in the life" post each day.
Mondays are usually a low key day for us. It's a day I use to recover from the weekend and get everything back in order.
Nathan woke up about 7:30 and was ready to go. I fed him, and then let him play on a blanket in the bathroom while I got ready for the day. He's so happy in the mornings and we just talk to each other while I get ready. After I was ready for the day, Nathan was ready for a nap. I rocked him and put him down about 8:45.
While he slept, I ate breakfast and did a few things on the computer. I also worked on my Bible study for the week and started laundry. He woke up briefly about 9:30 but I rocked him for just a bit and he went back to sleep until about 10:20.
I got him up and he ate. After he ate I put him on the floor for some playtime while I folded his laundry. I sat on the floor and folded it, so I could play with him while I worked.
Matt made it home for lunch about 11:40 and we ate together while Nathan played on the floor. After Matt left I rocked Nathan and put him down for a nap about 12:30. While he slept, I continued doing laundry (I did a lot of laundry on Monday). I also straightened the house and did a few more things on the computer.
Nathan woke up about 2 and I fed him and then we went to visit a friend/mentor from church. We visited for awhile over there. Nathan was pretty good, but he dirtied his diaper on the way and then spit up on himself and Judy while she was holding him. It's amazing how little those things bother me anymore. Besides Judy has lots of grand kids, so she was used to it.
We made it home about 5 and I fed Nathan and heated up dinner for Matt and me. I had a meal in the freezer which was nice because I hadn't made it to the grocery store for the week and we needed something quick that night.
After dinner, I took Nathan with me and we went to a La Leche League meeting with my friend Michelle. We've been having a few feeding issues lately, and Michelle invited me to go with her for some support and help. Michelle has been such an encouragement to me lately. She has a daughter about a month younger than Nathan, so we are going through a lot of the same things together. She is so understanding and supportive, and it's like she knows the exact thing to say that I need to hear. It was nice to have a chance to visit with her and meet some other moms.
We made it home about nine, and I fed Nathan again before bed. Normally he is in his crib by 9:30, but we were running late that night because of the meeting. After I fed him, I gave him a bath and then rocked him and put him to bed about 10. After he went to sleep, I spent some time straightening the house and went to bed about 11. Nathan woke up around 4 to eat, and then he started stirring again around 5:30, so I just put him in our bed and fed him and he slept until about 7:30.
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment