Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Day in the Life- Tuesday

Tuesday morning, Nathan got up about 7:30. I fed him and then let him play while I got ready for the day. I showered and got ready, grabbed a quick breakfast, dressed Nathan, packed his diaper bag, and we headed out the door about 9 for Bible Study.
Cutie pie ready for Bible study

Since I'm not working this year, I decided to do a ladies Bible study at church. Last year I did the evening study, but it seems more convenient this year to do the morning study. They have childcare during the morning study, and Nathan gets lots of attention in the nursery. The sweet ladies ooh and ahh over him all morning. We are studying Ephesians this year, and so far it has been a great study. My small group is full of women of all ages and several young moms, so that's been fun. The wisdom of those ladies really blows me away.

Bible study ended at 11:30, and Nathan and I ran to Wal Mart on the way home to buy groceries for the week. We made it home just before 1:00, and I put Nathan down for a short nap before it was time to eat again. He rarely sleeps in the nursery. There's just too much to see and do, so besides cat naps in the car, he hadn't slept at all, and I knew he was tired. While he napped, I finished putting the groceries away and grabbed some lunch. Nathan woke up about 1:30 and I fed him, and we played a little bit.


Playtime fun!

The weather has been gorgeous the last couple of days, so I decided to take both of my "kids" on a walk. It was my first time attempting pushing a stroller and holding a leash, but it went pretty smoothly. Everyone seemed to enjoy being out in the sunshine in the middle of the day. Nathan dozed for a little bit on the walk but not for very long. We got home about 3:30, and I tried to put Nathan down, but he wasn't having it, so I put him in his swing and let him play while I cleaned up a few things around his room. He gets upset if I leave him alone for too long, so I tried to find things to do in his room.

I fed him about 4:15, and got him down for another nap about 5:30. While he was napping I cooked tacos for dinner. Matt made it home a little before 6, and we ate dinner together. Nathan woke up right as we were finishing up. Matt held him for a little bit, and he started acting hungry, and he ate again about 6:30. Matt had to go to an HOA meeting that evening, so Nathan and I were on our own for the evening which was actually really weird. I'm not used to being home in the evenings without Matt. We watched a little tv, read some books, and I gave Nathan a bath. He was splashing like crazy. I think we are about to have to move to baths in the bathtub, because he would have soaked the whole kitchen if I would have let him. He was acting pretty fussy and tired, so I decided to put him to bed a little earlier than normal. He had his bedtime feeding about 8:30 and was asleep by 9:00.

Matt got home shortly after 9:00 from his meeting. We visited for a little bit, and he set up a new toy for Nathan that he is almost big enough for. I wanted to wake Nathan up and let him play in it, but we both decided that was probably a bad idea. I spent some time straightening the house, watched a little more TV and went to bed about 10:15. Nathan woke up with a dirty diaper around 2. He wasn't really hungry and fell right back asleep. Then he woke up again about 4 and wanted to eat. I don't know where my good sleeper went. He's been missing for about a month now. I think we are going to start solids soon to get his belly good and full before bedtime.

No comments: