Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Trip to Weatherford

I’m behind in updating because of our wonderful little excursion to Iowa, but we also had a really fun weekend in Weatherford a few days before we left for Iowa that I want to make sure I write about. Nathan got to spend his first weekend with his grandparents in Weatherford. We saw lots of family and Nathan got lots of spoiling. Matt was able to take Friday off, so we got to spend a little more time in Weatherford than usual, which was wonderful with a new baby, because we had to make sure we fit all the family in. We made it to Weatherford in time for lunch on Friday. We had lunch with Matt’s parents, fed Nathan and then got a quick visit in with Momoo. She cuddled Nathan and we visited for a couple of hours. Friday night, Granny, Grandaddy, and Aunt Sydney came over for supper at the Baughers. Of course Grandaddy hogged Nathan, but everyone got a turn holding him. We ate and visited and played for a few hours.
Saturday we got more play time in with Granny and Grandaddy and Aunt Sydney. They took us to lunch and we played cards while Grandaddy played with Nathan. They practiced rolling over on the floor. How sweet is it that my 79 year old Grandpa will get down on the floor and play with my son. Grandaddy told us that Nathan rolled over from his back to his tummy. I didn’t get to see it, and I’m not sure if Grandaddy gave any assistance, so I’m still waiting to see it myself. I know he is getting close. All weekend long we kept talking about when Amelia would arrive. It was always on the front of our minds.



Saturday afternoon, Nathan got to spend some time with his Aunt Becca. She hadn’t seen him since he was two weeks old. He’s obviously changed a lot since then. That night we drove to the big town of Cordell to see Brandon and Mindy. They had just moved there a couple of weeks before so we got a tour of their new house, ate ice cream and played settlers. It was really nice to catch up with them and visit for awhile. We already miss them living in Tulsa so much.




Sunday morning we headed back home. I was hoping to make it back in time to make it to a friend’s bridal shower, but we were out late on Saturday night, and all three of us slept in too late on Sunday morning to make it back in time. Instead we unpacked, Matt took a nap, and Nathan and I relaxed. Just as we were getting back in town, we got a text that Amelia was officially on her way, so I was way too excited and anxious to nap. That evening we decided to go over to my parent’s house to wait it out together. I could tell my mom was really anxious and needed her other grand baby to distract her. We played a few games to try and get the time to pass faster and all jumped every time the phone rang hoping it was Jeremy with good news. We stayed a lot longer than I planned. Amelia decided to take her time. Finally about 10:30 that night we got word of her arrival. It was a late night for all of us. By the time we made it home and I fed Nathan and put him to bed it was after 12:30 and I was still too excited to sleep! It was a memorable weekend. We are so thankful for all of our family and friends in Weatherford, Broken Arrow, and Iowa!

No comments: