This month you have found your mouth and your ears. Everything goes into your mouth. Your motor skills are starting to improve too and you can actually grab things and pull them to your mouth to suck on them. You have a few favorite toys that you love to slobber all over. You have also found your ears. Since you were born you have always slept with your hands up by your head. Since your grasping reflex has improved now you hold onto your ears when you are sleepy or fussy. We have lots of pictures with your hands up by your head :).
You are still rolling over pretty consistently from your tummy to your back and your neck strength is amazing. We lay you on your tummy and you can hold your head up and look all around. It wears you out sometimes though and you much prefer to lie on your back. You are also close to rolling over from your back to your tummy. You always roll to your side when we lay you down, and your lower body is strong enough to get your legs to turn over. If you could figure out how to get your arms to help you roll over, you’d easily be rolling everywhere. I’m sure you’ll have mastered this trick by the time you are four months old.
You just love to stand up. We will try and sit you down and you’ll straighten your legs so you can stand. We just hold you while you stand and look all around. Your daddy comments on your leg strength all the time. I think you will be an early walker. Granny told me that your grandpa walked when he was seven months old. Maybe you’ll follow in his footsteps.
You wear 0-3 month and 3 month clothes. 3 month shorts and pants are still too big for your little waist, but you are able to wear 3 month rompers and overalls. You still wear a size one diaper. We took you to the doctor about 2 weeks ago and you weighed 10 pounds (10th percentile). We made it into the double digits. You were 23 inches long (50th percentile). I can’t remember your head circumference but it was in the 10th percentile. You are long and lean just like your daddy. I don’t see a football career in your future, but maybe soccer.
You nurse 6-7 times per day and it takes you 25-30 minutes to eat. You love to nurse. I can tell it’s very comforting to you. Sometimes I laugh because you end up in some of the most awkward positions when you are eating, and I know they can’t be comfortable, but you could care less as long as you are nursing. You get annoyed whenever I interrupt your eating to burp you. Recently you’ve started to fix that problem by just burping while you are eating. It’s so funny what a great burper you are

You have been consistently sleeping 8-9 hours a night for your entire third month. Your mommy loves you so much for that. You still aren’t a great napper, and I think I’m just coming to the conclusion that you just don’t need as much sleep during the day. The doctor assured us your sleeping habits are fine. It’s hard to get much done at home when you usually only sleep for 30 minutes at a time, but I am loving your nighttime sleep habits, so I can’t complain. You usually sleep close to an hour for your morning nap, and then take anywhere between 20-45 minute naps after your other feedings during the day. I can tell you still need to nap between each feeding, you just don’t need to sleep very long.
You still sleep in your pack and play beside our bed. Honestly I thought we would have moved you to your own room before now, but it’s much more convenient to have you close. I do have a goal to have you in your own room by the time you turn four months old. Mommy and Daddy need our room back at some point.
I’m a little behind with your 3 month post, because we’ve had some exciting things happen in our family. In your third month you got a cousin! This also led to many other firsts including your first long car ride, first hotel stay and longest time away from your daddy. We both missed him a lot, but it was so great to get to meet cousin Amelia and spend time with Auntie Anna and Uncle Jeremy. You were such a great baby during the whole trip. You are very laid back and just go with the flow (as long as your belly never gets empty). You definitely take after your daddy in that regard. You were a super traveler although you did get pretty tired of that car seat by the end of the trip. We’d put you in your car seat and you immediately would arch your back and straighten your legs to try and get out. You are a strong little man. You also continued to sleep good in the hotel room especially with extra cuddle time with mommy every night. You have always slept so much better in someone’s arms than in your bed. I think you just don’t like to be alone.
Nathan Wilson, I seriously can’t believe we are a quarter of the way through your first year. You grow so fast. I guess it’s time to start planning your first birthday party :). You bring so much joy to our lives. I know that I fall more in love with you every single day.
No comments:
Post a Comment