So we tried it last night, and Nathan did fantastic. He is such a good little baby. I put him down about 9:30 and by 10:00 he was asleep, and I didn't hear a peep from him until about 5:00. We got a pretty big thunderstorm in the middle of the night that woke me up, so I went and checked on him, and he was fast asleep. He started fussing around 5:00, and I went in to check on him. This is pretty normal for him. He usually wakes up around 5:00 and 90% of the time I can rock him, put his paci back in his mouth, and he'll be out for another hour or two. Well, this morning he had a hard time going back to sleep and I could tell he wanted to eat, so I went ahead and fed him, and put him back in his bed. He slept until 7:30. At this point, I was sleeping pretty hard, and not quite ready to get up for the day, since I hadn't slept well during the night, so I scooped Nathan up and brought him back to my bed for some cuddles. It was raining and dark, and we snuggled for another 45 minutes, before we got up for the day.
We'll try again tonight and see how it goes. I was surprised at how soundly he slept. Usually I hear him stirring a few times at night. I think he's usually still asleep, but it wakes me up and I pat him until he settles down, but last night I never heard him stirring. I'm glad we tried it, but I'm not sure if it was the best idea with Matt gone. I'm always a little skiddish and nervous when he's gone. Add to that my baby being all the way across the house and thunder and lightning, and I was on edge most of the night.
This morning we hung out in our pajamas for awhile, and Nathan told me all about his big night. I'm so proud of what a big boy he is!
No comments:
Post a Comment