This week was Tulsa's Spring Break which meant a little break for me. However, the break was a little frustrating. Usually I just see kids at school and not at their homes unless their families are interested in a family session and can't come during school hours. Well, with school out last week, in order to make money I needed to schedule sessions in kids' homes which meant coordinating with parents. I was pretty proud when I left the office last Friday that I had 12 sessions scheduled. This is about half as many kids as I usually see in a week, but I did want a little break and knew it would be difficult to get a hold of and coordinate to schedule many sessions. Well of the 12 sessions I scheduled, I only had 6 sessions which was pretty frustrating especially since many times I drove all the way across Tulsa only to find an empty house. Also, I didn't schedule any sessions on Monday or Friday to give myself a little break, but during the other days some of my no shows or cancellations occurred in the middle of the day, so I couldn't even really enjoy the day off. Although it was frustrating and annoying at times, it made me really thankful for the position I do have. I'm blessed to have gotten a school-based position rather than a home-based position where no shows and late notice cancellations are normal. I'm lucky that most of the time I have total control over how many kids I want to see in a day since all my clients and I are in the same building. It made dealing with the frustrations of spring break more bearable. I'm also very thankful that I am not the primary income earner in our family. It's nice that problems like these are minor nuisances rather than major problems.
I did enjoy my time off though. It was nice to sleep in and be able to enjoy the beautful weather. Rhapsody got taken on a walk everyday and I enjoyed having some down time to relax.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment