Monday, March 9, 2009

Lyda's Wedding

Matt and I went to OKC for Lyda's wedding on Friday. It was such a beautiful wedding. I loved hearing about all the preparations during the last few months, and then seeing it all put together. Lyda looked so gorgeous. She was glowing the entire night. It was great seeing everyone again too, though a little bittersweet this time. We've all known since we graduated that we had a scheduled time we would all be together again which was Lyda's wedding. Now with Lyda in Chicago and Stephanie in Lubbock, who knows when we can have another reunion. I love and miss these girls a lot and hope we can schedule something soon.

I think since I've been married, going to weddings has taken on a different significance. When I went to weddings when I was single, it was always fun to dream about my wedding and what I would do the same or different. Now that I'm married, when I see a couple exchanging wedding vows, it is a reminder of the commitment Matt and I made on our wedding day and what the promises we said really meant. I view it as an opportunity to evaluate my marriage and see if my actions match the promises I made to Matt on our wedding day.

After the wedding, we headed to Weatherford for the rest of the weekend. We were pretty lazy and just played games and watched the Bedlam game. We did manage to take the dogs for a walk at the walking trail. That was a lot of fun. We hadn't been there in several years. Matt and I have some very special memories at the walking trail. In fact I think both of us would agree that that was the place we really fell in love. We would spend lots of evenings walking around asking each other questions. I remember all the times one of us would say, "Really, me too!" It was fun reminiscing about the early times in our relationship. Rhapsody enjoyed Missy's company and a change of scenery for her walks. That night my grandparents came over and we all played dominoes which was fun.



I had to post this picture of Rhapsody, because we experienced a milestone this weekend with her. We actually saw her run out of energy, completely. I think it might have been a combination of the excitement of the car ride to Weatherford, getting in so late Friday night, playing nonstop with Missy all day and night on Saturday, the trip to the walking trail, and the time change but she is still recovering and not totally herself. She slept the entire trip back to BA on Sunday, and this dog never sleeps in the car. She always acts nervous and runs back and forth from one window to the other, but she was out. We could really tell she was exhausted when we got back on Sunday night and she slept while we were eating dinner. I have never seen her sleep while there was a hint of the smell of food in the air. Also, even this morning she was tired. She usually gets up with us in the morning and hangs out with us in the bathroom while we are getting ready. We'll throw toys for her and she usually has a decent amount of energy. This morning I was getting ready and she wasn't at my feet, so I went looking for her. I found her curled up in her bed in the laundry room. She seems to mostly be back to herself now, but still seems to be a little tired. It's a nice feeling to know that at some point there is an end to her energy even if we don't see it very often.

No comments: