Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Favorite Date Night

At the beginning of January, Matt and I started having weekly date nights usually on Tuesday nights. We've done some fun things including going out to eat, playing board games, watching movies, going bowling, going to the movies, getting ice cream and watching basketball. We've both enjoyed every date night, but I think last week's was my favorite. Last Tuesday for our date night we ate dinner and planned our summer vacation. For dinner, we cooked breakfast together. We don't cook together very often (probably because I can be a little controlling in the kitchen :)). We had a good time though, and then we sat down and planned out all the details for our vacation in June. Vacations are something we both value and want to always make a priority in our family. We treasure the memories we've already made together on vacations and look forward to many more. This summer we're headed to New York, and I am so excited. Here are a few things we planned that I am looking forward to seeing.
I'm excited about seeing this part of NYC...
...and doing a little window shopping at this place.

Maybe we'll take a horse and carriage ride when we see this...


...and spend some time seeing everything in here.

This is one of the things I've always wanted to see in NYC.


I'm also excited to see this in Montauk and take some romantic walks along it in the evenings.

Matt's excited about showing me this attraction



But the part of the trip that I am most excited about is getting to see this face

Katie is one of my best friends from college who is currently in her second year of vet school at Cornell. I haven't seen her in almost two years, and I cannot wait to sit and have a long chat with her in person at her house in Ithaca. She and Ben are also going to visit New York City with us. Katie is from the North East but has never been to NYC, so I'm excited that we get to see it for the first time together. I have to know people pretty well in order to be transparent with them and have honest conversations. (You can ask my cohort if you want to know about how I change once I get to know people well). Katie is one of those people with whom I can totally be myself, and I am really ready to spend some quality time with her. We've had some great memories together, and I'm ready to make more with her. I'm also excited about making some new memories with Matt. We have a pretty long drive ahead of us, so it feels like an adventure we'll get to experience together. I can't wait for June!

No comments: