1. We met in OKC at Olive Garden the summer before we started OSU. This was our first meeting, and I remember Laura telling me that she never planned on getting married and her asking if I was going to marry Matt. I remember driving home thinking that I didn't think I could get a better roommate.
2. Our first night at college. I don't remember everything we did that night, but I know we did a lot and had a great time.
3. Our first semester we both had 7:30 classes. We would both get up, get ready, and walk to class together, all without saying a word to each other. (Neither of us is really a morning person)
4. Collecting Eskimo Joes cups. We spent weeks collecting cups to make lights out of them. We ate at Joes restaurants a lot, only to find out you could actually buy the cups for like $.50 each.
5. Laura met Steve (her husband) during the spring of our first year. It was fun watching her and Steve fall in love and hearing her talk about her relationship with him.
6. Laura, Katie, and I went to Frontier City for a Reliant K concert during our freshman year. I remember we all had a great time but we also talked a lot about how much we missed our guys especially when we rode the ferris wheel.
7. The summer after our freshman year, I visited Laura at her parents' house, and she told me she and Steve were planning on getting married. They had only been dating a few months, and I was pretty surprised.
8. Going wedding dress shopping with Laura and hearing about all of her plans
9. Laura's personal shower and the infamous card Katie, Sarah, and I made for her.
10. Getting to be a part of Laura's wedding. I got to go get Steve and be there when they saw each other for the first time on their wedding day. That was a special moment.
11. Going on walks around Boomer the summer Laura got married and I got engaged. We had some good chats.
12. Calling Laura to tell her I was engaged and wedding shopping and planning with her for my wedding.
13. Girls' nights at Mcallisters and at Laura's apartment
14. Spending snow days together sledding with air mattresses
15. Having tea together at our last girls' day in Stillwater before she moved to Colorado
16. Long chats catching up when she's in OK for visits.
There are a lot more, but these are some highlighs. Hopefully we can make a lot more memories together in the future. Maybe some in Colorado too :)
We look really young in this picture. I think this was taken the day we moved into the dorms. That seems like forever ago (August 2003)
(Winter 2004)
Air Hockey at Chuckee Cheese
(Spring 2004)




No comments:
Post a Comment