Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Weekend Recap

 We had a fun Fall weekend! I'll start a little early with our weekend recap because Thursday night we had a fun movie night and watched one of my all time favorite movies!
  It got us even more pumped for vacation in a few weeks. Even with our last minute (in Disney terms) planning, we managed (with some persistence) to get a lunch reservation to eat at the Beast's castle, so we talked all about where in the castle we'd like to eat, how our food will arrive (on a magic cart) and who wants to try the grey stuff for dessert.
 These came last week too, so we all have Disney on the brain around here :)
 Friday night was a pretty typical date night- Dinner and a movie. Saturday morning Matt and I ran the Tulsa Zoo Run. The weather was perfect for the run. It's a fun tradition to do (at least that's what I kept telling myself all morning).
I had my best time in the three years I've run it - 31:24 (103/600 overall female and 7/70 in my age division). Matt barely beat me. His time was 31:05 (184/453 overall male and 19/49 in his age division)

 We came home and watched OSU football and rested for the afternoon. The run wore us out. Samuel helped Matt snuggle in for a nap
 Nathan played outside all afternoon and Samuel played super heroes while Elisabeth napped.
 Saturday night we had friends over for dinner. The boys loved having friends to play with, and Elisabeth spent a lot of time acting sad that they wouldn't play babies with her. They were quick to take a break from playing for ice cream! We had fun visiting with friends and even playing a game while we kept the kids corralled upstairs!
 Sunday morning we went to church.
 Elisabeth was proud that she knew her Bible verse

Sunday afternoon, Nathan and I watched Enchanted during nap time. We just can't get enough Disney around here right now.
 After naps on Sunday we headed to the fair!

 The kids had fun playing

 And eating too!
 The treats at the fair are our favorite
 I've never seen Matt's huge cup of ice cream disappear so quickly!

We came home and crashed from a busy, but really great weekend!

No comments: