Monday, December 7, 2015

Weekend Recap

December weekends are always full of fun! We had a great weekend full of festive activities.
Friday night, my parents kept the kiddos so Matt and I could have a date night. It had been a few weeks since we'd had one, so I was really excited about a night alone with Matt. I ended up not feeling super great (I was functioning okay, just tired and a little achy), so we went out to dinner and then picked up a movie from Redbox and had a relaxing evening (and a full night's sleep!)

Saturday morning we picked up the kids and headed to our local Christmas parade. The kids had a good time. Elisabeth ended up being really ornery and trying to run out into the parade. She'd just laugh at us when we'd drag her back. She was a handful, but the boys were great!

Nathan said his favorite part of the parade was the band. If Elisabeth could talk in sentences she would have said her favorite part was the candy. That girl was sugared up. She'd just spit out a piece of candy if something better came along.
And Samuel said his favorite part was the road cleaner (aka street sweeper that came at the end of the parade). Ha ha. Love that kid!
We came home for lunch and naps. During naptime, Nathan and Matt worked on his shed, and I made a dessert for our Sunday School Christmas party.
We ran back to my parents later that afternoon to drop the kids off on the way to our Christmas party.

Elisabeth showed off her horse riding skills before we left for the party.

We had a really fun night! The party was a progressive dinner which was fun and a good way to visit with lots of different couples during the evening. And the food was delicious. I was full after the appetizer house! We got a chance to visit with some couples we didn't know very well, which was nice.
We're so grateful that the Lord led us to such a great group of people at FBC!

My parents dropped the kids by our house Sunday morning just in time for church. Christmas outfits for church are another of my favorite things about December weekends! Baby girl Christmas dresses make my heart go pitter patter!
I grabbed my phone and snapped this on the way into church.
He's Super Dad on Sundays and every other day too!

Sunday afternoon Matt and Nathan spent more time outside on the shed (they are getting close to finished- by the end of the year for sure!) while the rest of us napped and then played outside. We went back to church Sunday night for their Christmas program. They had dueling pianos and the church choir and orchestra performed too. I'm a sucker for Christmas music, so I loved it. The boys lasted through about two songs before they were asking to go to their classes.

We can't wait for more fun next weekend!


No comments: