Elisabeth Kae, you are sixteen months old!
I have a really hard time deciding which age is my favorite with you and your brothers, because there are such joys and challenges at each age, but I feel like we are at a sweet spot with you in the last couple of months and having SO much fun. I told your dad the other day, that this is the payoff for the first year of your life which was tough on us in some ways. You still are demanding and needy, but every single day you do the most adorable and hilarious things and are learning and growing so fast, and you are just such a joy right now. We are eating you up!
You are saying new words all the time and will try and repeat anything we ask you too. Some new words you're saying are water (wa), milk (mik), bath (baa), boot (boo), fish and sucker (shu) and my favorite new word you say is choo choo! You say it all the time too. We do have a lot of trains in our house.
You are starting to outgrow your 12-18 month clothes. They are getting too short, and your belly is hanging out of your shirts :). 18-24 month things fit well on you. You are wearing a size 4 diaper and size 5 shoe.
We've been trying (not too hard though) to get you to drink out of a cup more than a bottle. Some days are good, and some days you just demand a bottle. You'll wave your arms and yell "no" if I think about getting you a cup instead. You got sick this month too, so any progress we made was stalled while you were sick. Sick girl needs a bottle!
You are starting to play with baby dolls more. You carry them around and give them hugs and kisses. You like to play with some of the kitchen toys too, blocks, and with your brothers' trains. Really though, toys are just a short distraction from books which are by far your favorite things these days. We read books all the time. "Goodnight Daniel Tiger" is your new favorite. The other day, Nathan came downstairs and said, "Sorry Mommy it took me awhile to come downstairs. Elisabeth wanted me to read the Goodnight Daniel Tiger book THREE times." Your daddy and I feel his pain sometimes. As soon as we read the last word in a book, you immediately shout, "More!"
I'm sure this video will be very boring for everyone but me. But I'll tell you as much as I think I'll remember the things my kids do at certain ages, I know I won't remember everything, so I wanted to record a normal play time with Elisabeth at 16 months old to look back on.
On Sunday after church the preschool sets out a basket of dum dums for the kids. You go crazy for them. As soon as we pick you up from your class you start yelling, "Shu shu." You also ask for them when we take Nathan to school and are so disappointed when they aren't there.
You're still a fickle eater and not a big breakfast fan at all. You refuse to let me spoon feed you anything (but ice cream) and just don't seem hungry in the mornings. I made eggs for dinner and you ate and ate and ate them. (I think you had thirds), but if I make them for breakfast, you eat maybe two bites. You still love any kind of meat (at lunch or dinner) and hot dogs are your very favorite food I think. When we have chicken or pork for dinner, you always eat more than your brothers.
Your favorite snack is goldfish. You ask for fish several times a day. You'll hand me the bag and run off yelling, "bowl, bowl" and bring me a bowl to put them in.
You have all four of your canines now, so we should be done with teething until you get your two year molars
You take one nap per day for about 1.5-2 hours and sleep from about 7:30-7 every night. When I lay you down after your bottle and lots of reading books, you snuggle right up on your pillow and go to sleep.
You love to sing songs with hand motions, and patty cake is your favorite
You brought me a blanket one day and wanted to wear it as a super cape. I tied it on and you ran around the house with your hands spread out behind your back. Adorable! And a clear sign you have older brothers!
I love where you're at right now, but I have been a little weepy thinking about how much you've grown since last Christmas when you were a tiny baby who couldn't even sit up on your own. It feels like a completely different Christmas with you this year. You are growing up too fast. I'm trying to soak up as much as I can!
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment