Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas Eve 2015

We had a great day on Christmas Eve. Matt had to work in the morning (boo), but it went quickly and then we spent the rest of the day together. My parents stopped by that morning to pick up some things, and we spontaneously all ended up at the shoe store. Samuel needed new shoes, and this girl had to have some too. She kept grabbing shoes off the shelf and trying to put them on. Then she ran all around modeling them.
After shopping, my mom took the kids home to her house for the afternoon, so Matt and I could get a few things done and ready for Christmas morning. Matt only had one toy to put together this year for Christmas morning, and he assembled it pretty quickly.

We picked the kids up that afternoon in time to go to our church's Christmas Eve Candlelight Service. There was no childcare, so they stayed with us and all in all they did really well sitting in big church. The church handed out some sticker pages when we walked in, so that helped. I enjoyed worshiping all together as a family.





After the service, we headed over to Mom and Barry's for the evening for dinner and to see the Flamings! Yay! We were all so excited to see them, especially Nathan. He couldn't wait to play with cousin Amelia.

We ate dinner, and Grammy let the kids open a couple of presents. It was fun opening a few on Christmas Eve because the kids spent the rest of the night playing with with. We got to watch them enjoy each gift.








Samuel and Nathan put on some concerts. I couldn't choose which video to share, so I'm just putting all of them on here. They were hilarious!!!




I took gifts over from our house too for the kids to open. I wanted to start a tradition of letting the kids open one gift of Christmas Eve each year and the gift to be a new game we can play as a family. We got Nathan Catan Jr. this year. I think I was more excited about it than he was. He and Amelia are just a hair young for it, but he was catching on after we played it a few times over the weekend.

I bought Samuel a game he asked for too for Christmas, but then he got obsessed with it and it's the only thing he ever said he wanted for Christmas. I couldn't ruin it and give it to him on Christmas Eve, so I just brought another gift over for him to open that night.


He didn't stop asking for Pop the Pig for Christmas.

The adults got to open a present too!
The kids played and relaxed for awhile before we headed home for bedtime.

Nathan had the hardest time falling asleep. He kept saying, "Mommy, I'm just so excited I can't sleep. I'm so excited about opening presents and our yummy breakfast, and playing with Cousin Amelia. I'm just so excited!" It was close to 10:30 before he finally fell asleep.

He did stay in bed though, so I was able to set up for Christmas morning before it was too late.

Sweet sleeping babies, dreaming about Christmas morning.




No comments: