Christmas morning started out rough. Elisabeth woke up in the middle of the night throwing up. I was terrified that she had the same bug that Samuel had earlier in the week, and we would be up all night with vomit. I stayed up with her for an hour or so and she seemed okay, so I put her back to bed, and she slept the rest of the night. She was a sick little girl on Christmas morning though. I felt awful for her. We still managed to have a wonderful morning despite our sick baby.
The kids woke up about 7:30 and were ready to open presents. They ran downstairs and found their stockings and their joint gift (a sling car). The crazy thing was that Nathan was more excited about his new toothbrush than the car. Mom fail, I guess.
The kids got toothbrushes, toothpaste, coloring books and stickers in their stockings. And Nathan also got a movie, and Samuel got coasters :). Elisabeth found a Daniel Tiger book in her stocking too.
Elisabeth was pretty excited about her new toothbrush too.
We opened the rest of the gifts and then spent time assembling, reading directions, and playing!
Samuel got Farm Legos, a cash register, and of course Pop the Pig was under the tree!
Nathan got a bat cave, batmobile, and Paw Patrol books.
Elisabeth got a laugh and learn chair, a tea set, and a Baby Margaret doll
She has been attached to her Baby Margaret. It's adorable. She carries her everywhere and takes her to bed with her every night. I love it!
Girl toys make my heart happy happy!
Matt and I exchanged gifts too. I got him a new card game, and he got me new dishes. We also always exchange coupon books in our stockings.
While the kids played, I started on breakfast. For a few years, I was trying to figure out the best breakfast to serve on Christmas morning, and I think we've finally figured it out.
We had the same thing we had last year (and I think every year from now on): homemade waffles with all the toppings (strawberries, chocolate chips, and whipped cream) and bacon.
We ate and talked about how much we love Christmas and our favorite presents.
I just love my sweet family.
After breakfast, I bathed Elisabeth to get the vomit out of her hair (ugh). Samuel joined her in the bathtub.
Then we played a little more and got dressed and ready to head to celebrate with Grammy, Papa Joe, Jeremy, Anna and Amelia.
After all the gifts from everyone were opened, I asked the boys what their favorite gift was this Christmas. Nathan said it was the bat cave and Samuel said it was Pop the Pig. And since Elisabeth won't let Baby Margaret out of her sight, we're pretty sure it's her favorite gift. Yay for good presents! I had the best morning with my family playing and spending time together. Can't wait for next year!
Wednesday, December 30, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment