Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

We had a fun Valentine's Day this year.Valentine's Day is always fun, but I think having kids makes it even better. We get to celebrate all day long and have a date night. Nathan was really into it this year.

We pulled the boys out of WEE ministry for the Spring, and this was the first time I was sad that Nathan wasn't in school, because I know he would have had so much fun buying and making Valentines for all his classmates and attending a Valentine's Day party. We made it a special day though, and he had no idea what he was missing.

I had little Valentine's Day baskets sitting at their chairs when they woke up this morning. It was very low key, just some small treats and toys. It was really special for them though. For breakfast we made heart pancakes.
It was fun to have a special breakfast. We have pancakes regularly around here, but these were extra special and a fun way to start off a great day.

After breakfast, we got dressed and headed out. We needed to stop by Target for a couple of things. Then we headed to deliver a very special Valentine to Baby Sarah. Nathan made some Valentines earlier in the week for some family and friends. I let him choose who he wanted to make them for, but I might have given him the idea that Sarah would really like one. He also made one for Sarah's mom. He came up with that all on his own, Erica. We also made some Valentine cookies on Thursday that we delivered with the Valentines. I told Erica to save Sarah's because someday when they get married, I know Sarah will want to have it :).

We stayed and played and cuddled for a bit at the Miller's until it was time for lunch.


We ate heart shaped grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch along with a few other special treats to make it an extra fun lunch.
I had such a fun day with my little boys expressing my love to them and watching them share it with others. After naps, they headed over to my parents' house, so my other Valentine and I could celebrate the evening together.

We had a low key evening. I wasn't really excited about going out on Valentine's Day. It's just too crazy and the restaurants would be packed, so we stayed in, and I think it was the perfect decision. Our life has been so crazy lately, that we really needed a night in, just the two of us, relaxing and reconnecting.

We cooked dinner together. That was fun since it never happens anymore now that we have kids. Dinnertime is usually a hectic part of the day.

I laughed after I looked at this picture and realized some of the boys' Valentine cards were on the table during our romantic dinner. It's a snapshot of our life right now, I guess.
We ate, visited, relaxed, celebrated and were asleep before 10:00, a perfect night.

I'm certainly blessed to get to love and be loved by such wonderful boys!

No comments: