You are starting to stand on your own for a few seconds at a time and are walking around our furniture more often. I think there's a chance you'll be walking by your first birthday or shortly afterward.
You have turned into a Daddy's boy this month. You say "dada" all the time and always, always want him to hold you. It's sweet to see how much you love him. Nathan is 100% a Mommy's boy (except when he wants a horsey ride), so it's fun to see that bond between you and your daddy.
You love music! I call it dancing when you shake your head back and forth and laugh whenever music is playing. You really like to rock out in the car. I wish I could get that on video. It's hilarious!
You are a big fan of peekaboo. You'll just start playing by yourself anytime you're holding a hat, or towel or something you can cover your face with. You also still love to clap, especially when others join in with you. And you wave bye bye too, and say it as you wave. Adorable
You take four bottles a day and are eating more and more table food at meals. You still usually have a jar or pouch of baby food with most meals, and yogurt or cereal with breakfast, but you're also eating most of what Nathan eats. You love waffles and pancakes with breakfast, and are especially a fan of grilled cheese sandwiches. You also love bananas and goldfish
You go after Nathan's sippy cups anytime he leaves one unattended. You'll drink and then spit out the water. It makes for a big, wet mess, but it keeps you entertained for a long time. You do the same thing with your cups too. It's a fun game you seem to enjoy.
I can see your verbal comprehension improving daily. You understand so many words- all the members of our family, bottle, ball, bye bye, clap, dance. I know there are more. I know you understand "no" even if you pretend you don't :)
You are wearing 12 months clothes and a size 4 diaper. I have no idea how much you weigh. We won't find out until your 12 month check up
You play with lots of different toys. Your favorite activity is climbing up and down the stairs. You also like the train table. It's the perfect height for you. Unfortunately, your play right now consists of tearing the train track apart, which doesn't make your brother too happy. Someday you two will play together. For now, we usually keep you entertained with something else while Nathan is playing with the train table. You play with firetrucks and balls a lot and enjoy taking things out of drawers and finding every door stop in our house.
You have a big month coming up, Little One. It's a joy to watch you grow!



No comments:
Post a Comment