That afternoon, we went to an Easter egg hunt at our church. It was Nathan's first time to hunt eggs, so I was excited to see how he would do.
Our family before we headed to the church
Samuel slept through the entire hunt and other activities our church had.
Nathan did great at collecting eggs. I figured he would since he loves to pick things up and put them away. And this wasn't really a hunt. It was more of a gathering.
I thought he was so cute getting all his eggs, and he went crazy when he found out there was candy in the eggs. He would hand us an egg and say, "open, open" over and over. Sunday morning before church we let Nathan have his Easter basket. I felt really prepared since I had bought everything for his basket a couple of weeks before Samuel was born. It took some self control to make him wait until Easter to get his goodies.
We got him a praise and worship CD, a Thomas the Train book, a set of toy keys, and some peeps.
We managed to all four get fed and dressed in time for church. It was Samuel's first time at church. Like I said, it was an extra special Easter.
Our little guy decided he wanted to eat just as the sermon started, so I missed almost the whole sermon. It was still so sweet to have him with us at church, and as a mom, the Easter story seemed to take on extra significance this year. As thankful as I am for our Savior's death and resurrection for my sin, to know that he made that sacrifice for my children adds a whole new meaning to the story. I looked down at Samuel sleeping in his car seat as we were worshiping, and I was so very thankful that because of Christ's resurrection, my son can have eternal life and a personal relationship with Him. It's such a blessing to be able to teach my children the Easter story as they grow.
I usually host Easter lunch, but I let my mom take over this year since Samuel was so little and life is still pretty crazy around our house. She did a great job. Everything was delicious.
After lunch, Nathan hunted Easter eggs in the backyard. He did such a great job finding all of them and spent the rest of the afternoon opening them all to find all the candy inside.
It was a memorable Easter for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment