Thursday, April 19, 2012

Zoo Day

In celebration of the (almost) end of Matt's crazy work project and all the overtime he has been working, he took this past Monday off, and we all headed to the zoo. Matt and I had been looking forward to taking Nathan for a while. I knew he would have a great time. He loves being with Matt and me, being outside, watching other kids, and seeing new things, so the zoo was a perfect place to visit!

We had such a special day together. It was precious family time with my two favorite people. The weather was perfect too... such a good day!

When we sat Nathan on this turtle he just laughed. Then we showed him the real turtles and he wanted to hop the fence and sit on those too!

Whenever we got to a new exhibit, he would look at the animals, point at them and smile. He was in heaven

We caught the sea lion taking a nap.





We took Nathan over to the children's petting zoo, and he had a great time there. We saw rabbits, piglets, and goats. I think Nathan thought he wasn't supposed to touch the animals, because he just looked at them and smiled. When I grabbed his hand and helped him pet them, he got so excited.

"Come on Mom, there are more animals over here."


After the petting zoo, we stopped to wash our hands. I think this was another highlight of his day. That kid loves playing in water.

No zoo trip would be complete without a ride on Daddy's shoulders

I love that little monkey!

Matt and I were both in agreement that the best part of Nathan's day was a ride on the carousel. He seemed to be having a lot of fun just sitting on the elephant, and then when it started moving he went nuts! I seriously think he was laughing through at least 75% of the ride. He had so much fun.
I felt bad because Matt missed out on Nathan's excitement. He stayed back and took pictures of the ride. We'll have to go back so Daddy can share that fun with him.
We didn't quite make it through the entire zoo, before we were entering the danger zone of an upcoming meltdown because of a missed nap, and since we bought a zoo friends membership, we decided to call it a day and come back another time. Nathan was asleep before we made it out of the parking lot. His fun day wore him out. I can't wait to go back again!

No comments: