You are 11 months old and just 30 short days away from being a whole year old! You are growing so quickly and transforming from a baby into a little boy right before our eyes. Your daddy and I were talking the other day about how much fun you are right now. We are loving how interactive you are and seeing how you are understanding and communicating with us more and more.
You also pat us when we are holding you. I think it's Grammy's favorite thing about you right now. She always tells you thank you when she's holding you and you pat her shoulder. You are a busy boy and unless you are sleeping, you are on the go constantly. No matter how short of a time I turn my back, when I turn around, you are always in a different spot playing with a new toy. As busy and active as you are though, you are still sweet and cuddly when you are tired. As soon as we sit down together in the rocking chair in your room, you will cuddle up and lay your head on my chest. Life doesn't get any better than that.
You are interacting with Rhapsody more and more. You will grab one of her toys and just laugh and laugh. You'll hold it out for her to take (she is very gentle with you), or I'll help you throw her ball. I'm pretty sure playing with her is one of your favorite things. You've started feeding her too. I gave you a piece of waffle yesterday morning while I was eating breakfast, and instead of eating it you reached right over to Rhapsody's mouth, held out your hand, and waited for her to eat it.
You are getting closer and closer to walking. This month we've noticed that you have begun to realize that walking is the best way to move. When you are trying to get somewhere, you will crawl until you find something to pull up on, and you will hold on and walk as long as you can before you drop down to crawl again. You pull up on everything and everyone including any furniture, toys, the wall, doors, our legs, other kids.You still will rarely let go and stand by yourself, but you are barely hanging on. I will be surprised if you are not walking by your birthday.
Your cart is one of your favorite toys right now along with your music table, shape sorter, and anything that rattles when you shake it. I took this video about three weeks ago. You walk so fast with your cart. Now you just need to learn how to steer :).
You started saying mama this month. It's the sweetest sound you make! You'll look at me when you say and you usually say it while you're eating too. I'm not sure what that's about. You also can say "dada" and "hi."
You still take four (six oz) bottles a day- one around each mealtime, and a bedtime bottle. I can't believe we're just a month away from being done with bottles and formula! You are eating a lot more table food this month. Outside of foods associated with common allergies and sweets, we'll let you eat almost anything, and you are a great eater, no matter what we throw at you. Your independence shows up strong at mealtimes. You prefer to feed yourself finger food, than us spoon feed you. As much as you detest pureed peas and spit them out of your mouth, you will happily gobble up whole peas if I let you feed yourself. When you are done eating whatever we are feeding you, you just spit out the bites we give you. You are a messy boy sometimes.
For breakfast, you like to eat yogurt, rice cereal or oatmeal and fresh fruit. Bananas are one of your favorites, and I'll let you hold a big hunk of banana in your hand and eat it. You'll eat almost a whole banana with breakfast. At lunch I usually give you a pureed vegetable and more fruit. For supper I'll usually give you a jar of baby food with meat in it, a cheese stick and some of whatever we are eating for dinner. Your favorite snacks are goldfish, crunchies and fruit. Your favorite foods right now are blueberries, bananas, and cheese.
You go to sleep around 8:00 at night and usually sleep until 7:00 in the morning. The last couple of weeks you have started waking up early (5:30-6:00). I'm associating it with teething, but you're going to need to stop that soon. Your momma is worn out! You are a great napper if we are at home during the day and take a morning nap that usually lasts about 1.5 hours and a 2 hour afternoon nap. If we are out and about (which we are a lot of the time), you adapt really well to shorter naps, or naps that are off your schedule.
Your favorite place to be is outside, and now that the weather is warming up, you are able to be out more and more. Walks are a favorite past time for you. You are very content to sit and ride in your stroller. You look all around and talk and babble while we walk. You also love to swing. Your face lights up as soon as we start pushing you in it. I'm looking forward to a fun summer with you.
Bath time is another highlight of your day. As soon as you hear the water running in the bath tub, you scurry all the way across the house straight to the bath tub.
You finally got some teeth this month. Your two bottom ones just recently came in.
I'm guessing you weigh around 22 pounds. I took you to the doctor to check your ears on March 16 and you weighed 21 lbs 4 oz. You'll be close to tripling your birth weight by one year! You wear 9-12, 12 and 12-18 month clothes and a size 4 diaper.
Life gets better and better everyday with you, Little One. We love you oh so much!


No comments:
Post a Comment