We made it to Cordell Friday evening and Nathan finally got to meet his new friend. I hope they will be good buddies some day. Whenever I held Carter over the weekend, I kept telling him that I was Nathan's mommy, because I'm sure that's all I be known as at some point :).
We visited and ate at a local cafe in Cordell which is a really cute small town. It was great to catch up with Brandon and Mindy and get all the details of their life since the move (a lot has changed for them). Plus it's always fun to visit with new parents. We have a lot in common. We drove back to Weatherford later that evening and spent the night with Matt's parents.
The next morning we all headed out to Red Rock Canyon for some rappelling. Matt hadn't been rappelling in over a year, and he really had a good time. The boys were more adventurous than the girls. Erica and I did jump off the cliff one time, but we seemed to enjoy visiting with Mindy more than hiking and rappelling.
Granny and Grandaddy met us at Red Rock to see us (and by us, I really mean Nathan). Since we wanted to focus our weekend on the Evetts, we knew we wouldn't get a chance to go over and visit them, so we invited them out to Red Rock so they could spend some time spoiling Nathan.
Carter slept through all the excitement of the morning. Turns out Granny and Grandaddy aren't just baby hogs when it comes to their great grandkids. They are just baby hogs period :). Granny held Carter all morning.
After the boys were tired from all the rappelling, we headed back to Matt's parents' house to watch the OSU/Missouri game. Our weekend was even sweeter with an OSU victory followed the next day by a #3 BCS ranking. The game gave us some tense moments, but in the end we won by a healthy margin.
Baby hogs in action :)
After the game, we headed back over to Cordell for dinner and games. Brandon grilled burgers, and we ate, visited, took care of babies and got in a game of Rook. We always have fun playing games with the Millers and the Evetts.
Sunday morning we joined Brandon, Mindy and Carter for church. They go to a really cute country church. It was different than the big city life Matt and I have been a part of for the last few years. I remember praying for Mindy during prayer nights last year that they would find a good church when they moved, and it was a sweet time visiting their new church and seeing how well they fit in there. We ate lunch with them afterwards and then said our goodbyes. Thankfully, they are planning a trip up to Tulsa in just a few weeks, so we will get to see them again soon.
We headed back home Sunday afternoon. It was a busy, tiring weekend, but it was full of great memories and fellowship with wonderful friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment