This past weekend we traveled to Stillwater to celebrate our Alma Mater's homecoming. We have enjoyed OSU's homecoming festivities every year since Matt was a freshman. This is the third year that we have stayed with our friends Matt and Amie for homecoming weekend (I wrote about our past two trips here, and here), and it was Nathan's first year to be a part of the fun.
Grammy bought him a new special outfit to wear to his first OSU homecoming. He posed for a quick picture before we headed out of town.
We drove to Stillwater Friday evening and ate dinner with Matt and Amie before we headed to Walkaround.
I thought Nathan looked so cute all bundled up for Walkaround, and his
hat Grammy got him was extra adorable even if our homecoming opponent
was the Baylor bears. He's a baby though, so he can get away with it :)
The house decs were great as usual. I don't know how many hours the Greek system puts into pomping, but I do remember lots of complaining from them when I was in school especially complaining about the all night pomping the night before homecoming. My senior year in college, I took the GRE the morning of homecoming and I had trouble sleeping the night before because of all the noise outside my window of everyone pomping. I made it into grad. school though, so I guess I shouldn't be bitter :), and I do always enjoy looking at all their hard work.
If Nathan could talk, I know he would be telling us this:
We maneuvered through all the crowds and looked at each house's decorations and then took a quick detour to library lawn to get a picture. Oh, the memories.
Nathan was out way past his bed time and finally crashed on our way back to the Allen's apartment. Poor baby. But he was so great during Walkaround. He never fussed and just looked around at all the people.
He even showed his team spirit later that night with his precious orange jammies.
Saturday morning we spent time with Matt and Amie eating, visiting, and playing Settlers.
We also took a little walk up to the Family Resource Center so we could meet Mr. Mooshoo.
He is the FRC's new pet, and Amie had to feed him. She is the director of the children's programming at the FRC. I worked there for a year in college and have so many great memories meeting and spending time with all the international students and families. Amie is so great at her job, and I loved hearing all her funny stories of the kids she works with and Mr. Mooshoo too.
That afternoon we watched OSU give a beat down to the bears which is always fun. Everyone still seems skeptical of OSU's talent this year, but each week we seem to prove we really do deserve our #3 ranking. I'm so proud of my Cowboys and their 8-0 start this year.
Amie isn't a huge football fan, and Matthew is a loyal Huskers fan, so they were happy to play with Nathan while Matt and I were glued to the TV. Nathan had lots of fun reading books with Amie and walking outside around the neighborhood.
The game was already 35-0 at halftime, so we kept it on in the background and played another game of Settlers.
After we finished our game, we stayed around and had dinner while the traffic cleared out of Stillwater before we headed home. We had a great weekend filled with so many of our favorite things, great friends, football, traditions, Settlers, and lots and lots of orange!
Monday, October 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment