She was also extra clingy. Every time I went to a different room, she was at my feet following me. She spent a lot of time sleeping under the desk in the office when I was on the computer. But as soon as I got up she was at my feet. She cuddled on the couch with me when I watched TV, followed me in the guest bedrooms when I was cleaning, and lounged on rugs in the bathroom when I got ready in the mornings. She's usually pretty clingy, but I definitely noticed an increase during the weeks Matt was gone.
One time, I was sitting on the couch when the phone rang. Rhapsody was sleeping on my lap, so I picked her up with me as I ran to answer the phone. I sat her down on the desk while I was talking and she just made herself at home by the computer. She laid there for probably about 15 minutes.
As much as Rhapsody wanted to be around me when Matt was gone, she went nuts when he walked in the door on Friday. He immediately got down on the ground with her, and they shared a moment together :). I don't know who was more excited to be reunited.
It might seem silly to anyone who isn't a dog owner, but having Rhapsody helps so much when Matt is gone. I never had to come home to a completely empty house, and she was ecstatic to see me no matter how short of a time I was gone. She slept with me at night and served as a great distraction and entertainment when I was lonely. Matt missed her a lot. There were times we were talking and he would say, "At least you have Rhapsody with you. I'm all alone here." I'm glad they're together again :)
No comments:
Post a Comment