- A cuddly puppy
-Flowers from my hubby
- Texts and emails from friends
Starting Friday morning, I got multiple emails and texts from friends checking on me, asking if Matt was coming home and offers to hang out to cheer me up when I told them he got extended. I was reminded of all the great people surrounding and supporting me and Matt.
- Visit from my parents
I called my mom Friday morning to let her know that Matt got extended and she mentioned that she and Barry were looking to take a break for the weekend since family would be in town to take care of Joyce and decided to come up to Tulsa and keep me company. That was great news for me after another tearful morning. They were great at distracting me from missing Matt. We ate out, shopped, visited and played settlers.
- Long sleeved t-shirts
When we were out shopping on Saturday, I tried on some long sleeved t-shirts at Old Navy and I seriously got a little giddy when I put it on. Buying long sleeved shirts means that Fall is just around the corner, and I'm so ready for cooler weather and college football!
-Thriving Marriage Retreat
This one might sound weird that I went to a marriage retreat when my husband is in Florida, but it makes sense I promise. One of my old professors from grad school helps with a grant through the Oklahoma Marriage Initiative to give the ENRICH marriage inventory to couples attending the thriving marriage retreats. On Sunday of the retreat past alum and current students of OSU's program go over the results of the inventory in individual feedback sessions with the couples. Just so happens, there was one in Tulsa this weekend. These are a great way to make a little extra money, get a chance to interact with a different population of clients than I typically have exposure to and best of all, reconnect with old friends from my graduate school days. During breaks we catch up and tell funny stories about our time in the program. I went to these all the time when I was a student because the clinical hours counted toward graduation. Most of the retreats are in Guthrie, which is too far to drive for me, but every once in awhile they offer them in Tulsa. It was great timing and brought back old memories.
-Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake with a great friend
After the retreat this afternoon, my friend Deborah and I went to dinner since she was in town for the retreat. Another of our friends recently started a job at Cheesecake Factory, and we decided to eat there. We enjoyed delicious cheesecake and great conversation. I've been lucky to get to see Deborah several times with summer. She's a great friend, and it was nice to catch up on life.
No comments:
Post a Comment