People decorate their Christmas trees in different ways. A lot of people have a theme to decorating their tree. They use similar colors and matching ornaments. The ornaments are placed in exactly the right location and the colors blend perfectly together. I love seeing those trees because they are always so beautiful. Our tree is different though. It doesn't have matching ornaments or garland. It is unique to our family, and I love it that way. Most of the ornaments on our tree represent special memories and milestones in our lives. Every year when we pull the ornaments out of the boxes and put them on the tree, memories come flooding back, and it's always a special time for me and Matt. I view our Christmas tree as a sort of scrapbook of our family. We always try and find a special ornament on each vacation and we have several ornaments on our tree from our childhood. Here's a peek at our Christmas tree scrapbook.


We got this dolphin ornament in Jamaica on our honeymoon

This is from our cruise in 2008

These are our newest ornaments on our tree. They are from our NY vacation we took this summer

We have several OSU ornaments. Even our Christmas tree shows our loyalty to our Alma Mater.

This OSU cheerleader's Christmas list says, "Beat Oklahoma." I'm sure Mike Gundy wishes that wish would come true. Gundy's done a lot for the OSU program in his 5 years, but has yet to beat OU or Texas.

We got several wedding themed ornaments the Christmas before we got married


I love our first Christmas together ornaments that represent our first Christmas as a married couple

We got this ornament last year to celebrate Rhapsody's first Christmas

This is definitely in my top 3 favorite Christmas ornaments. It's me and my mom in the picture and I made it at a church Christmas program when I was little. I really can't believe my mom let me have it. I always remember it on my Christmas tree growing up.
And here's a cute one of Matt when he was little
Who knew one little Christmas tree could hold so many precious memories on its branches? I know we will have many more special ornaments to place on our tree in the Christmases to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment