Friday, December 18, 2009

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

In my last few posts, I've shared about my nativity and our Christmas tree at our house. Those are two of our biggest Christmas decorations, but I haven't had a chance to show the rest of our house all decorated for Christmas. So, welcome to our home in December.


This is a picture of our outside lights. I love having a big window to put our tree in front of. I think it adds a lot to the outside of our house at night.




These are our stockings with a little one for Rhapsody. We hung them on the mantle last year, but I needed to put my nativity up there this year. I usually put my nativity on the cedar chest in the living room, but this year, Rhapsody has free reign of the living room unsupervised during the day, so I thought it would be safer up higher. Therefore, our stockings got bumped to the entertainment center.



And here's a look at our living room. you can see our stockings, nativity, and a Christmas centerpiece on our coffee table



Several years ago, my grandma started this village for me (Can you tell I like Precious Moments figurines?). I think I have 11 buildings in all along with lots of miniature figurines.


We don't have a really great spot in our home to display these so I put some on our cedar chest and the rest on the bar in our kitchen.



Here's a close up of some of the little figurines


My mom got me this snowman one year for Christmas. It has a matching ornament. The little sign says, "Stillwater City Limits." Whenever I look at it, I remember the years we spent living in Stillwater, and my time at OSU.



If someone asked me what my all time favorite Christmas decoration was, hands down it would be this little ice rink music box. When I was little, my dad was gone a lot for work. One year when he got home a few days before Christmas, he brought me this little ice rink and ice skater bear. I need to ask my mom how old I was when I got it, but I always remember playing with it. When you turn the music on, the little bear skates around. It mesmerized me every time I saw it, and I'm sure my mom got tired of listening to it. When I got married she gave it to me to put in my house, and I will always display it at Christmas. There are few things I can think of that I would be really upset about if they broke or got lost ( my wedding ring is the first thing that comes to mind), but this little decoration is one of those things. It holds so many special memories of my dad, and Christmases growing up. I still turn it on and watch the bear skate occasionally. I'm surprised it still works after all the abuse it's taken over the years.


I always look forward to decorating for Christmas, and although I do dread pulling all the boxes back out and packing everything back up after the holidays, I would never think of not doing it every year.


Thanks for visiting our home at Christmas!

No comments: