This weekend Matt and I got a chance to spend time with some new friends. For me, one of the biggest transitions I faced when we moved to BA was finding new friends. We didn't know very many people in the Tulsa area when we moved. That combined with me still spending a significant amount of time in Stillwater during the week and on the weekends (for football games and other things) made it difficult to make new friends during the first few months we lived here. Although we lived in BA, I felt that my life was still in Stillwater until I graduated in December. Getting more involved in church and actually working in Tulsa has helped us to find some fun people to hang out with and made living in a new place less lonely. On Friday night, one of my friends from work, her husband, and their Westie came over to hang out with us. The puppies ran around the house chasing each other (they are the same age and look a lot alike) while we played Trivial pursuit and Scene It. It was a lot of fun hanging out with friends outside of work. It's easy to sit and just talk about work while I'm at school, but it was fun to talk about other things in a different context. Matt, Rhapsody, and I are looking forward to spending time with them again soon.
I was pretty lazy on Saturday. I love sleeping in and not having a lot to do. Matt was productive and mowed the lawn. I didn't do much except straighten the house. On Saturday night, a couple from church came over for dinner. The guys played X box while the girls cooked dinner and chatted. I felt like I got a chance to get to know them better and have some good conversations. After dinner we played board games. It felt like the ideal weekend for me. Having friends over for dinner and games is one of my favorite things to do. Matt and I would usually prefer staying at home (or someone else's home) with good friends to going out to somewhere loud and crowded. We've been blessed with getting to know some great people in the Tulsa area. It feels good to have several people to call if we need something now. God has been faithful in providing us with new friends in a new place. We're looking forward to making more friends as Tulsa becomes our new home.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very funny!
Post a Comment