Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter 2009

We had a great Easter 2009. Last year we started the tradition of celebrating Easter at our home and family comes to visit us for this holiday. Right now most of our holiday traditions are at our families' houses, so I enjoy making memories at our home on Easter. Both sets of parents came up for Easter this year, and I think we all had a really good weekend. On Friday, my mom and I went shopping while Matt and Barry did some yard work (I definitely got the good end of that deal :)). I love shopping with my mom. I mean I love shopping anytime but it's especially great with my mom. She's honest and fun. We always have a good time. I hadn't been on a shopping spree in awhile, so it was much needed. It's nice living in Tulsa where all the great stores are close although it can be a little dangerous. I think I spent more money than I anticipated.

We shopped a little more on Saturday. We also took the dogs to Woodward park on Saturday which was beautiful and fun. The weather was gorgeous, and Rhapsody thouroughly enjoyed sniffing a new place. She was pulling on the leash the whole time. I told Matt that I think that was the best time she's had in her life so far. We'll definitely take her back this summer when the roses are blooming.

Sunday morning we went to church. It was a great service. I am so thankful that Christ suffered and died for my sins and then rose again, so I can have eternal life. Sometimes I feel like I get to caught up in other Easter traditions that it's easy to overlook the whole purpose of Easter. After church we had Easter lunch. We had ham, potato salad, green beans, deviled eggs, fruit salad, bread and pineapple upside down cake. It's always fun to have a good reason to use our China. Rhapsody and I were pretty tired after lunch and took a long nap after company left. It was a busy but fun weekend. I'm looking forward to many more Easters at our home



Rhapsody needed to cool off at the park

Such a beautiful park


Happy Easter 2009




No comments: