Saturday, April 25, 2009

Rhapsody These Days

(From Rhapsody)
Life has been pretty good lately. Here are some new things I have been doing. I like to play outside. There's been wet stuff falling from the sky lately which makes the yard a whole lot more fun to play in because I can dig really deep. Mom and Dad always act mad after I've been digging. I'm just helping them out if they ever need to bury anything. They don't let me go outside as much anymore though, so I can't help them as much as I used to. I love to play with toys. When I'm alone during the day, I pull all of my toys out of my toy box and scatter them through the house. That way there is always one close when I get an urge to play. Mom usually picks them up and puts them away, but I get them out again right away. I usually have two toys to play with, that way when I let Mom or Dad have one to throw so I can run after it, I have a backup in case one gets lost. We have these really great toys at my house. They are called plastic hangers, and they taste very yummy. I like to break them into two pieces so I have two toys instead of one. When I was littler, I couldn't break them, but I'm getting stronger now. Lately, Mom and Dad only let me play with hangers that I've already broken, but I can usually find one they left out that hasn't been broken to play with.
There's this magic wall at our house that I can see through. I stare out of it a lot during the day. Sometimes I get sad that I can't go outside and play with the people and cars I see, so I walk around the house and cry and bark. If I do it enough, Mom or Dad will take me outside and let me run around. They put this thing on me though so that I have to pull them around with me. I get pretty tired sometimes, but I manage to pull them everywhere I go. I'm alone a lot during the day now, but Dad comes home during the day to let me pull him around the neighborhood.

Now that I'm bigger, I can get up on the furniture. I used to only get up when Mom or Dad picked me up, but that's changed now. I jump on it whenever I want. Sometimes they make me get off the couch, but that's okay. I just run in the bedroom and get on the bed. It's just as comfortable, and they usually don't find me in there. Oh by the way, now I get to sleep in that bed all night. I used to get locked up and had to sleep in my own bed, but I figured out what to do to get to sleep in the comfy bed right in between Mom or Dad's legs. Sometimes they are nice and just let me sleep there all night, but sometimes they make me get down. So I just get under the bed and am really quiet until I can tell they have gone to sleep, and then I jump on the bed and snuggle with them through the rest of the night. Life is really great.

Oh, and I've got Mom and Dad trained really good. They give me yummy treats whenever I want them. All I have to do is lay down and roll over or hold my paw up and they give me treats. Some dogs have to sit still for a long time or come when their parents call them, but not me. I just jump up and hit Mom's hand and I get treats. Next I think I'll lay on my back and pretend I'm dead so I can get treats and a belly rub. I'm working on that with Mom right now. That's about all that's going on with me. I have to go burn off all my energy before bedtime.

2 comments:

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

So I guess the "skill" of jumping on the couch stuck after I left... :)