Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Poor Rhapsody

I love how every other post is about Rhapsody. She's just so cute, I can't help it. :). Well, Rhapsody will officially never pass her cuteness on to future generations. We had her spayed yesterday. I dropped her off that morning and picked her up after work. She was pretty pitiful last night. She was shaking and whining and totally dazed out. She would fall asleep standing up and we could tell she was drugged up. It was hard to see her so out of it, but I was glad she was home with us than having to spend the night at the vet. I was looking forward to a lazy evening cuddling with her in the recliner. She wanted nothing to do with us however. She just wanted to be left alone. She crawled under our bed and slept there for a long time. I'm sure we were a funny site when we were both bent down looking under the bed at her. She knew how to work the attention though. We were reintroducing her food to her, so I brought her bowl to her bed and hand fed her a little to get her interested. Turns out she was only interested in food when it was being handfed. I even set the bowl in her bed right next to her mouth and she wanted nothing to do with it. That is totally Rhapsody though. She's a big drama queen. She seems mostly back to herself today which is good.
Dazing out under the computer desk

No comments: