Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Having Friends Over... On a Weeknight!
I keep having these moments when I realize what I was missing out on in grad school. Last week was one of them. We had friends over for dinner on a Tuesday! Maybe I should explain why this feels so momentous. When I was in grad school, there were several semesters when I had work, clinic, class, or off-site every single weeknight. The few semesters when I didn't, I spent free weeknights catching up on reading and homework. I remember planning the grocery list and only buying meals to prepare on Friday and Saturday. Now that I'm out of school, I'm still adjusting to free evenings. I think one of the best parts of my job is that, aside from an occasional evening family session, my workday is 8-4. I love being home to cook dinner and do fun things in the evening. Matt and I are enjoying our date nights and I love being involved in the AWANA ministry at church. It's also nice to be able to plan things with friends that don't have to be on the weekends especially since our weekends have been pretty busy lately, so we invited a couple from church over for dinner on a weeknight. It was fun visiting with them since we all graduated from OSU, and they are one of the few couples without children in our Sunday School class. It's nice having Christian friends in the same life-stage as we are. We had a great evening with them. Hopefully we can do it again soon, on another weeknight. Sometimes I feel like I have to be resocialized into normal life out of grad school. Most of the changes are really nice though, which helps with the transition :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment