My birthday is only five days after Valentine's day, and this year we ended up celebrating my birthday on Valentine's day, and Valentine's day on my birthday. My parents wanted to come up to help celebrate my birthday and it worked out that the best weekend for them to visit was the weekend of Valentine's Day. So, Matt and I planned to have our Valentine's date (dinner and a movie) the week before Valentine's day for our weekly date night. But, I caught that awful 24 hour stomach flu the day before we planned to go, so we decided to postpone it. My parents came up Valentine's weekend, and we had a great time with them. Rhapsody was so glad to see Missy too. They played nonstop the whole weekend. Matt made me a fabulous birthday cake on Friday. I love how thoughtful he is. So we ate that on Friday night and opened presents. On Saturday we went out to breakfast, and then did a little shopping. That afternoon we just hung out at our house and played wii. For dinner we went to Olive Garden. It was packed and we waited over an hour, but the food was delicious. Overall it was a great birthday weekend.
Yummy cake!

My Valentine's Day presents. I love having a live-in Valentine.
Since we didn't get a chance to have our Valentine's date the week before we decided to go out on my actual birthday. We went to eat at Los Cabos, our new favorite restaurant and then went to the movie. The movie wasn't very good, but dinner was great, and it was fun to have a special night. We're also celebrating again this weekend. Since I get my birthday off as a paid holiday, I'm going to take this Friday off, and Matt is too. We're going out Thursday night and staying at a Bed and Breakfast and then spending the day together on Friday. I'm looking forward to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment