Because of our detour to Six Flags over Georgia on the way home from the beach, Nathan ended up riding in the car all day on his birthday. He was planning to be home on his birthday, but I think he was happy with our change of plans. We did let him choose lunch on the drive home, and he chose Wendy's so he could get a frosty.
When we got home that evening, he opened his presents.
He had been saving his money hoping to buy a cheap laptop because he needed it for some of his co-op classes. We loved getting to surprise him with one for his birthday.
Because we were out of town on his birthday, we delayed his friend get together for a week. He just asked to have a few friends over to play football in the backyard and eat pizza. I was happy to arrange it for him.
Such a sweet group of kids, and I love that he invited kids of different ages. That's one of my favorite things about homeschooling that my kids have so many relationships with kids and adults of all ages.
Since he didn't have to spend all his savings on a computer, he splurged and bought a Lego set.
It had been a few years since he'd gotten a new Lego set, and it took me back to his younger childhood when he was always building Legos. His face lit up the same way as he was building his new set. I hope he never outgrows them!
He took pictures of all the details and especially the final product.
I can't believe I have a 14-year-old highschooler. Nathan is a joy, and I'm continually grateful to get a front row seat watching him grow into a wonderful young man.
No comments:
Post a Comment