We've had a busy and fun April. Earlier this year, Elisabeth and I joined a Keepers of the Faith Group with some co-op friends. At one of the meetings, she created a stained-glass art. It turned out really great!
Our Thursday co-op has been winding down and full of special end of the year activities. These two girls have bonded this year. Liana is the sweetest role model for Katherine. They've been practicing soccer together a lot this Spring.
Since the elementary science class studied land animals this year, they brought in some exotic animals for one of their classes.
Also in April we celebrated Brooke's milestone birthday with dinner, cake, games and the best fellowship. Amazingly, we were both free for her birthday weekend, and we made the most of it. I love that friend of mine! I can't believe we've been friends for 19 years!
Sweet Honey has been keeping us laughing (and frustrated with her constant chewing at times). She likes to hang out on the brick by our fireplace hiding next to the curtain.
Of course we had to have a science lesson about the solar eclipse in April. The kids (except Nathan) drew a picture of it, and we watched a couple of videos about it.
Our friends came over to watch it together.
I can't wait for a reunion in 20 years for the next one! That's crazy to think about!
We also celebrated with eclipse treats from Sonic.
Katherine has been attached to the stuffed teddy bear Matt bought for me back when we were dating in college. She sleeps with it every night.
Nathan and I went on a field trip to a Jewish Art Museum this month. It was sobering and educational. This piece of art was my favorite. I thought it was very well done and told such a poignant story.
Our museum tour guide shared so much information about Jewish history and traditions.
Samuel and Elisabeth presented animal reports for their final projects in science. They both created clay models of their animals and presented on them in class.
Elisabeth researched sloths since we're going to visit them next month on our cruise. Instead of making a poster like her brother, she wanted a costume!
April also included a field trip to the Tulsa Botanical Gardens. I took way too few pictures, but these Lego bunnies were adorable.
I attended a ladies' retreat at church in April also. Again, I didn't take enough pictures- only to poke fun at the amount of cups, women need for an all day retreat :)
We also celebrated Elise's baptism this month. It was a joy to share in her and her family's joy.
Even though this is such a busy time of year, I wouldn't trade any of it!

No comments:
Post a Comment