Nathan turned 10 on May fifth. I can't believe how fast he's growing up. His birthday was on a Wednesday, and he had church that night, so we celebrated the night before. He asked for a cheesecake for his birthday cake and decided to dye it green and orange. It wasn't the prettiest, but it was tasty. We went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant with our family and my parents and then came home for cake and presents.
On his birthday I gave him the day off of school and unlimited screen time. He was in heaven. I made him monkey bread for breakfast too. He watched shows and played Roblox online with his friends all day.
He asked to have some boys over on the Friday night after his birthday for a party. We grilled hamburgers and hotdogs and had ice cream floats for dessert. He planned the rest. He was hoping for warm enough weather for a slip and slide, but that didn't work out. The weather was nice enough that the boys spent most of the evening playing outside- which was good, because those boys were LOUD, ha!
They ran around and entertained themselves. I was a a little concerned because Nathan didn't want to plan any organized games or activities, but they boys found plenty of fun.
They came inside for a quick dinner break.
And then I sent them all back out.
Nathan has such a great group of friends. . They're really awesome kids and sweet friends to Nathan. He has a good group of boys in his grade at church, some long time family friends, and our new neighbors who are quickly becoming some of his best friends. I'm just so thankful for them and all their families. He's been friends with most of the boys since pre-k, and I hope all these friendships carry into his teen years and beyond.
I think at one point the trampoline turned into a jail and the boys were trying to find Lego Gummy thieves to arrest. They were having fun.
They took another ice cream break.
And before the boys went home, Nathan opened his presents. The best gift for ten year olds is money. He got enough money for a big Lego set he'd been wanting and some other fun gifts from his friends.
The boys left at 8:00, but Wyatt spent the night with us. Their favorite activity is Roblox. I told them they couldn't get up before 7:00 on Saturday morning, and right at 7:00 they were downstairs asking for Roblox, ha!
For the last celebration for Nathan's birthday, he asked for a day at Frontier City with a friend. The problem we ran into though was that the friends he wanted to invite aren't roller coaster fans. I decided to check with Mindy and see if they were free to join us for the day since they have season tickets, and thankfully they were free and could meet us, and we had a great day! It wasn't the big kid/friend day Nathan had envisioned, but it was a family and friend day which was even better in my opinion, and Nathan had a great day with Carter.
The weather was great, the rides were fun, and the company was the best.
We had a fun several days celebrating our favorite 10 year old. He refers to himself as a tween now!
No comments:
Post a Comment