All four kids were excited and ready for a sugar and fun filled last day of school. They were having Polar Express Day after their parties, so they all got to wear their pajamas to school.
Samuel's party was first. It ended up that Nathan and Elisabeth's parties were at the same time, so I got to attend Samuel's entire party- which might be a first since I usually have to split my time between his class and Nathan's class. It was fun to be with him in his class and see all his friends.
He made a fun ornament. He's my craftiest kid, so this was the perfect party activity for him.
After Samuel's party, I headed to Elisabeth's class to help set up for her party and then rushed over to Nathan's classroom as soon as his party started.
Katherine was all into the class parties. She had the best time out of everyone, ha!
Nathan's class did a book exchange for their activity. I had to slip out in the middle of it to head back to Elisabeth's classroom though.
Elisabeth's class was the last party of the day. She played some fun party games before I got there, but I had a chance to visit with her while she snacked and I stayed and ate lunch with her after her party was over.
The Saturday before Christmas we didn't have any plans, so we had a fun and festive day at home. The kids painted suncatchers as their Advent activity.
And we also baked and decorated Christmas cookies.
We had a cozy winter soup for dinner and then all settled in to watch the Grinch for a family movie night. It was a really great family day.
The kids were dressed in their Christmas best for church on the Sunday before Christmas- and we even got some decent pictures of them!
These two Divas were pretending to be Movie Stars Sunday afternoon. They keep us laughing and enjoying life.
Matt was off on the 23rd, so we had a family movie day at the theater. The boys couldn't wait to watch the new Star Wars movie. Samuel caught up on the previous eight movies over the last couple of months and was ready for his first big screen Star Wars experience. The girls and I decided to tag along and watch Frozen Two for the second time. We can't wait to see it a third time, ha!
Matt and I decided to take the kids to a Chinese buffet on Monday evening for dinner. They've never been to one, and we figured it was a something they needed to experience. Nathan was probably the biggest fan. He loved the Mongolian beef, and Elisabeth found some sweet and sour chicken that she called chicken nuggets. The other two weren't big fans until dessert, ha! I think we'll wait a few more years before trying again.
After dinner, we went to Rhema to look at the Christmas lights. It was pretty crowded, so we walked through pretty quickly and then headed across the street to the kids' favorite part- the circles. They played and played in "the circles" for a long time. They called them their houses and kept visiting each other's houses and moving to new neighborhoods.
Sweet Katherine was feeling extra festive with all the Christmas lights
No comments:
Post a Comment